Rare
100 Repeater Bolt Thrower

68 Models
2 War machines
5 Dispel Dice
7 Power Dice
2 Scrolls

What do you all think about this list. Its my first one so be gentle.

Violadudester
10-02-2008, 05:06
Are you allowed to have two Lion Standards in one army? I don't know the new HE rules too well, but last I checked you can't have double of an item in a force, unless it is a common magic item (I think:eyebrows:).

I wouldn't go for all bladelords in your Swordmasters unit, if anything make the front rank 6xBL, and pay the points that you got back from the 6 that you dropped towards regular Swordmasters. This way when you take casualties from shooting, they won't be such a sink.

I highly suggest that you consider Pheonix Gaurd, being that HE's are an elite army, and that they have a 4+ ward save, they can really soak up wounds like no other. I once over the course of a game playing my Dark Elves, caused 40ish wounds over the course of a battle on one unit of Pheonix Gaurd; my opponent ended up saving around 30 of them. Have you thought about adding a unit of Shadow Warriors or a Great Eagle or two?

Uriain
10-02-2008, 06:21
Imo Shadow warriors are not worth it, dont do enough for their point cost. Eagles are ok as long as you take two. My HE opponent (I play DE) tried both and they simply dont make their points back. Eagles are good against T3 warmachine crew, but you need 2-3 of them to make sure you can make it in with a couple attacks. I do agree though, no need for 12 bladelord, alot of points that could be spent elsewhere. Possibly by either making the unit bigger, or dropping 2 spearelves from each unit and getting a unit of archers, to wave off fast cav up the flank.

ghettob
10-02-2008, 07:34
silver helms are hideous. And with command they are even worse, because it makes them more spendy. Also, why a squad of 8? It just really doesn't make much sense. If you want calvery go with dragon princes. If you drop the helms, the lion standard you arn't allowed to take and the bladelord, you should be able to buy two squads of 5 DP's each. THese are much more effective at breaking enemy units given the two attacks, and make a better bait unit, given the smaller unit size, and LD9

Dtae787
10-02-2008, 14:59
I had it layed out bad. I do not have 12 bladelords. I have twelve guys, and one unit champion. the blade lord. I will be replacing the lion standard in the spearment with a war banner. Ill take your advice on the Dragon Princes, as the models look ******* amazing.

I edited the list in order to get the points for the dragon princes.

Lord
536 Prince on Moon Dragon, Lance, Armor of Caledor, Vampbraces of defense

Heroes
145 Mage - lvl 2, , Silver Wand

167 Mage - lvl 2, Dispel Scroll, Elven Steed

Core
205 Spearmen - x20 FC

205 Spearmen - x20 FC

Special
150 Dragon Princes - x5
150 Dragon Princes - x5

235 Sword Masters of Hoeth - x12 FC, Lion Standard

Rare

70 Models
2 War machines
5 Dispel Dice
7 Power Dice
1 Scroll

ghettob
11-02-2008, 05:12
yea, that looks way better. You will be happy with the dragon princes. On a side note, I happen to be from Chicago too!

Dtae787
11-02-2008, 15:19
Oh really. Do you ever stop by the battle bunker?