PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pt Night Goblins

Honorius
10-02-2008, 04:16
This is my first try at a larger points value. I wanted to try and fit the wyvern in because if got a great idea for a conversion. It looks to me like I'm a bit low on magic defense and I think I might try and fit in a BSB. C&C

Heroes

Savage Ork Warboss - Wyvern, Ulag's Akrit Axe, Enchanted Shield, Light Amour - 368

Night Goblin Big Boss - Giant Cave Squig, Martogs Best Basha, Light Armour, Enchanted Shield - 112

Night Goblin Shaman - Lvl 2 Wizard, Staff of Sneaky Stealin' - 135

Core units

5 Forest Goblin Spider Riders - Musician - 71

30 Night Goblins - Spears, Nets, 2 Fanatics, Musician - 249

20 Night Goblins - Short Bows, 1 Fanatics, Musician - 89

20 Night Goblins - Short Bows, 1 Fanatics, Musician - 89

Special Units

2 Goblin Spear Chukkas, 1 Ork Bully - 75

3 Night Goblin Squig Hunting Teams - 90

Rare Units

Doom Driver - 80

1998 points

Uriain
10-02-2008, 05:25
Just a couple of things. Firstly Its my opinion that if you are doing a Night goblin list, a Savage orc Warboss on a Wyvern doesnt really fit into the theme. I would drop him for a bunch of Gobbo characters, because its a heck of alot fluffier and themed. Secondly, drop the 3 units of spider riders for 2 units of 7-8 (dont remember exact point cost) Squig hoppers, they will serve you a heck of alot better for flank protection or flank charges. I also think a BSB is nessicary with Gobbo's. So a NG Lord, 2 lvl 2's a BSB and your squig guy should get ya good and green(and black ^_^) with Gork, or possibly Mork.

Honorius
10-02-2008, 06:20
Ive got a plan for the wyvern boss fluff wise, and later I will be adding savage orks on boars (which I will swap for the lizard cold ones), but I might leave him for now. Is it best to have my general on foot or would it be a better idea if I mount him on a gigantic spider? Should I change things around and try to get 2 units of 8 squig hoppers for flanking or is 1 enough? What about chariots, would it be worth getting some of them?

Uriain
10-02-2008, 16:29
Well the problems with a Savage Orc is the Frenzy, so on a Wyvern is that he can fly, and needs to charge anything within range. While he will definatly hit hard, its very hard to breaka full ranked unit with that style of lord (cept the Highelf Star dragon or Chaos Uber lord builds) So on foot could work, but also on a boar (to go with your Boar boys you are thinking of putting in) would work. If you are going to go the route of a gobbo boss, I would put him on foot in one of your units, then a BSB in the unit beside him. Keep the Squig big boss and have him run up behind a unit of Squig hoppers on one flank while a second unit roll's up the opposite flank. They hit hard, they usually have an average of 12' charge range and against everything except knights (ie 2+ saves) they chew throgh them like nothing. Plus, they make an exellent flanking force to help your gobbo's out.

Charriots can be good, as long as you a) dont mind either converting them up to have Night gobbo's in them (for fluff) or that they are just regular gobbo's and B) dont mind the possibility of them getting smooshed from every cannon and stone thrower that can see them ^_^. Charriots are fun, my friend uses 2 boar charriots which his Orc Warboss goes in, so they can definatly be worth it, just sometimes they get hit with cannons, which really sucks, also your fanatics can be a problem for charriots, so you have to be carefull with that. If you wanted to keep the Spider riders instead of the squig hoppers then I would put a Lord on the spider, just to help give his ld everywhere (they got good movement. You could even just have one flank with Spider riders and one with Squig hoppers, that way your gobbo boss can be on a spider on one side, and the Squig boss can be on the other. I would definatly recommend 2 lvl 2's and a BSB though. May the Mork (or possibly Gork) be with you