PDA

View Full Version : Orcs and Goblins

Nagash333
10-02-2008, 17:38
Thinking of starting Orcs and Goblins, what are peoples opinions on them

Storak
10-02-2008, 20:28
Thinking of starting Orcs and Goblins, what are peoples opinions on them

if you are unable to scan the first page (http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126487) for another discussion on the topic, i have some simple advice:

O&G are not the right army for you.

Braad
10-02-2008, 22:30
That's a bit mean. That other topic is just about people who think or don't think that they ruined the list with the last update, not at all about the experience you get with the army in general.

My opinion: orcs are da best!
But you shouldn't be to bothered by armies that don't always do what you want them to do. If you need full control, don't do O&G.

knightime98
11-02-2008, 08:49
Well, I would only give this advice. Which is taken from a quote of a friend of mine at our gaming club.
"Play what you like and what appeals to you!"
If Orcs and Goblins are to your liking - play them.. Whatever your cause play what you want to play!
Simple enough...

Chiungalla
11-02-2008, 09:09
Orcs and Goblin have a bad reputation, to be a not so competative army list.
But the main reason for this bad reputation, from my point of view, is that they are not played well very often. They are no easy army to win with.

But if you know how to play, you will win more often then you loose, and you have much fun by doing so, because Orcs and Goblins are a very funny army.
You have even fun, if you loose, most of the time.

And the most opponents even enjoy loosing against orcs and goblins as well.

There strong side is there great number of tough units.
120 models, most of them with toughness 4, are not killed that easy.

You go into close combats with toughness 4, outnumbering the enemy most of the time, and having those great choppas.

You have a good close shooting phase as well, and a great but risky magic phase. And if you want, you have a great movement phase, too.

There only weakness is there low reliability, and if you know how to play them right, that is no problem at all.

Mazdug
11-02-2008, 15:24
What armies do you play now? O&G are fun, and can be reasonably competive (as long as you aren't facing ultra cheesy lists), but they aren't for everyone. If you take the game fairly seriously and can't laugh at your own troops killing themselves, don't play them. Also, I have decided to encourage all new players to start with Tomb Kings, so if you are brand new to the game, pick them up. Once you can with with them, I feel that you can win with anything.