PDA

View Full Version : 4 Lizzardmen Questions

Conotor
10-02-2008, 18:43
1: Can the stagadon turn freely like the carnosaur can?

2: Do terradons and sallamanders get the -1 to hit defence on shooting even though they are larger then man sized but us1 / partly man-sized?

3: Do skinks have to go in he front rank if their is room when the salamander's charge?

4: What can the re-rolls for old ones spawning be used for? It doesn't specify.

Oenghus
10-02-2008, 19:31
1) I believe the Stegadon moves as a monster, so yes.

2) Not sure.

3) I think that the salamander handlers are completely ignored until the sallies are dead, so no.

4) Old Ones Spawning rerolls can, I believe, be used for anything that character needs them to be used for. To hit, to wound, armour saves, ward saves, characteristic tests, leadership, etc etc etc etc.

theunwantedbeing
10-02-2008, 19:48
1. Yes it's a monster.

2. They are us1 so yes, they get -1 to hit as its us that decides it not the size of the model. Salamander dont get it as they aren't us1, you randomise between the salamnders and the skinks instead.

3. You maximise, so you will end out with mostly skinks and salamanders on the edges, sucks yes but salamanders are hugely broken so there's your massively unfair disadvantage for being so brilliant outside of combat.

4. Armour saves, ward saves, leadership tests, break tests, persue distances..not rolls to hit or wound though I dont think.

Goruax
11-02-2008, 00:15
1: Can the stagadon turn freely like the carnosaur can?

Stegadon are bound by 'Monster' movement rules.
Carnosaurs are too - being ridden doesn't override the Monster rules.
Urk, should read the rules a bit more thoroughly - yes they can. (I forgot the monster movement rules)

2: Do terradons and sallamanders get the -1 to hit defence on shooting even though they are larger then man sized but us1 / partly man-sized?

Terradons do get the -1 to hit penalty.
I'm fairly sure Salamanders do not get the -1 to hit when fired upon, but I cannot remember where it was this was said.

3: Do skinks have to go in he front rank if their is room when the salamander's charge?

You should be maximising the number of models fighting, so if there is space for a Skink in the front rank, then they should be put there.
They are not ordered as Skaven packs, but follow a wierd combo of handled monsters and skirmishers.
"Salamander Hunting Packs do NOT have any special rules
which state that the Salamanders push to the front of the fighting
in close combat. Therefore Salamander Hunting Packs follow the same
close combat alignment rules as all other Skirmishing units. "

Under the Salamander section in the following FAQ: http://www.geocities.com/mi_whplayers/faqs/lzm_faq.txt

As theunwantedbeing said; you maximise. Remember that you organise from the point of contact until the frontage is maximised, so you could have 3 Salamanders and a Skink, or 4 Skinks, depending on the enemy's angle of approach.

4: What can the re-rolls for old ones spawning be used for? It doesn't specify.

Absolutely anything that your character has rolled for.
Rolls to-hit/wound, pursuit rolls, rally/leadership rolls, armour saves, characteristic tests and any other roll on a D6 can be re-rolled.
Note, the rule states only a single D6 is re-rolled, so if you originally rolled:
3 - 6 - 1
You could only choose to re-roll one of those, unless you wanted to use more than 1 re-roll.

not rolls to hit or wound though I dont think.
Quite how you came to that conclusion is beyond me... :eyebrows:

Conotor
11-02-2008, 16:14
Can I re-roll a cannon's wounds on my hero? Can I re roll a cannons wounds on my carnosaur?

So for sallamanders... I randomize and the skinks get -1 to hit but the salllies don't?

The_Dragon_Rising
11-02-2008, 17:16
Can I re-roll a cannon's wounds on my hero? Can I re roll a cannons wounds on my carnosaur?

No because you don't roll to wound your hero your opponent does.

Mouchliazo
11-02-2008, 17:53
So for sallamanders... I randomize and the skinks get -1 to hit but the salllies don't?

No. The whole unit is targeted and shot at without the -1 to hit and you then randomize before rolling to wound.

Malorian
11-02-2008, 18:00
No. The whole unit is targeted and shot at without the -1 to hit and you then randomize before rolling to wound.

I just learned that this week... it really sucks... :cries: