PDA

View Full Version : KoTOR - help!

Kiro
10-02-2008, 20:05
Anyone encountered any sound problems while playing it on the 360? I thought the only noticeable glitch were slowdown problems here and there, but after picking up Bastila I've noticed the PC speech and weapon affects have disappeared, and combat is mute. I can't bring myself to play past Taris (for the millionth time) because it's just so....argh! :mad:
I'm hoping it's just isolated to Taris, so someone please shine some light on this for me! :cries:

Arnizipal
10-02-2008, 20:15
Usually when the sound goes out, your game is about to crash due to a dirty disk error (at least in my case). Have you tried saving and reloading?

TheBigBadWolf
10-02-2008, 21:48
Its probably just how it runs on the 360, ive got battlestar galactica and the smoke/fire coming out of the engines is black, when it should be bright white like when it plays on the xbox

Nephilim of Sin
10-02-2008, 22:04
That is how it works on the 360, sadly. Sometimes even reloading won't work. The one thing that helped me was to save, turn off the system completely, and then return. It usually happens if you don't let the cutscenes go their course, or if rapidly skip from conversation to combat.

And no, it is not just on Taris, sadly.

EDIT: Also, make sure you get the update, so you get to 'play' on Yavin IV. I was able to download it right before the last fight, so I have yet to experience it....

Oh, and the good news is that the endgame 'cheat' still works on the 360, despite only having two front ports.

Kiro
11-02-2008, 11:40
That is how it works on the 360, sadly. Sometimes even reloading won't work. The one thing that helped me was to save, turn off the system completely, and then return. It usually happens if you don't let the cutscenes go their course, or if rapidly skip from conversation to combat

Yep, discovered this one; it seems to go away if I just turn the system off, then on again. Harumph!
As to the download - that's the only reason I kept the game when I traded my original xbox in, I wanted to try out Yavin, which, frankly turned out to be far less than anticipated...

Typheron
11-02-2008, 11:54
thign about Yarvin, if you do it right theres a uber saber and armour in there for you. Its not so much an additional planet as a way to get better gear and thus kick butt in the final fight.

Kiro
11-02-2008, 15:54
Yeah, I figured. I was all set up to enjoy a whole new level, and then I read a guide which basically said what you just did.
:(