PDA

View Full Version : 1000 He

enigma
11-02-2008, 06:00
posting this on behalf of my brother cause he doesn't know how forums work and i don't have the patience to teach him :p

basically... he doesn't have a huge income and this is just using most of the things he can acquire quickly and effectively (To GW's standards)

noble - dragon armour, shield, barded elven stead, blade of sea gold.

mage - level 2, starwood staff

16 archers. musician.

16 spearmen, FC.

8 silver helms, shields, FC.

repeater bolt thrower

this is obviously using the battalion with a few others things. all comments and the such will be passed on/browsed by him, so critique and advice is very welcome :)

Cheers

Conotor
11-02-2008, 12:32
2 RBTs is very usefull. He should take them.

A unit of 16 archers is hard to deploy unless you can ffind a good hill. Id bring them down to 10, or just not take them. They are not very good. Another unit of spearmen could replace them.

Remove the silver helms, and add a lion charriot or 2 horse ones.

High elf BSB's with great wepons is awsom with spearmen units, and taking 3 charactures is the least expencive way to start a 1K army.

Violadudester
12-02-2008, 01:03
Looks like a good start. I'd trade the Blade of Seagold in for a regular lance. Sure the extra attacks will be nice, but in the end it is the wound roll that matters the most; a strength of 6 on the charge will help this greatly.

Like Conotor said, drop the archers down to 10 if anything, and get another character if he is really pressed for cash. I'd boost your spearmen up to 20 (24 in bigger games), if at all possible, and give them a warbanner or something magical to wave around. High Elves have a lot of toys, take advantage of them!

enigma
12-02-2008, 06:42
ok cheers for the advice... sorta helped him with this list... although i dont have much HE knowledge.

Noble, Dragon Armour, Shield, Barded Elven Steed, StarLance.

20 Spearmen, full command.

12 Spearmen

8 Silver Helms, full command, all with shields.

Lion Chariot -

Repeater Bolt Thrower.

Repeater Bolt Thrower.

more critique welcome and accepted :p'

Cheers

enigma
13-02-2008, 01:48
bump for more help! :)

SV_Harlequin
13-02-2008, 02:11
Noble , could give him EShield for better Save.

12 spears won't don't much apart from die.

8 helms is a waste, Cav should never be in ranks unless its Brets.

enigma
13-02-2008, 02:14
what would you suggest instead then? :)

fubukii
13-02-2008, 02:45
use the helms in a 5 man unit, joined by the mounted noble use the chariot have both spearmen units roughly 20 man, give the mage the ring of fury as well.