PDA

View Full Version : About Warmachines. Few questions.

juample
11-02-2008, 11:56
Hello guys historically warmachines gives me some troubles in games:

1) Can you charge against abandoned machines (warmachine with no crew).
1.1) In this case (no crew) can you overrun?

2)Can the crew declare charges when becoming skirmishers (after abandon machine).
2.2) Can they declare charge the same turn they abandon the machine.

3)When the crew choses flee! as charge reaction, and chargers reach the machine and destroy it automatically at the end of the combat can they overrun this turn?

3.3) If they overrun in the same direction of the fleing crew, and also reach them they are killed or they have to flee again.

4) Can troops march if there are enemy abandoned machines 8" at the start of the move.

DeathlessDraich
11-02-2008, 15:06
1) Yes and yes.

2) Yes

2.2) a) They cannot charge if they fled.
b) Charge declarations occur before Remaining moves. The crew cannot declare charges while they are with the machine and if they abandoned the machine deliberately, that would have been done in the Remaining moves phase.

3) Yes

3.3) Flee again. Overrun is performed after combat. Chargers can only 'catch' *their* fleers while moving chargers.

4) Good question! Don't think it has ever been asked.
Under 6th ed rules, an abandoned warmachine is effectively nothing - doesn't even block movement. That sentence has been removed in 7th ed. so...

The machine is an inert model of the warmachine but it is still a model.
i) If there are no fleeing crewman, the machine can still march block enemy units 8" away.
ii) If there are fleeing crewmen, some might construe this as a fleeing unit even though strictly speaking it is 2 units. I would allow a dice roll for this.

Shamfrit
11-02-2008, 15:12
This came up recently, when a Chariot charged a war machine without any crew. It was a Spear Chukka, separate profiles, and we decided that the chariot had to charge the war machine (which was rightly destroyed,) the crew got away, denying victory points...

Not sure about it, did we do something wrong?

DeathlessDraich
11-02-2008, 15:20
No, victory points are awarded for the whole warmachine if the machine is destroyed or abandoned at the end of the battle.

Shamfrit
11-02-2008, 15:48
Ah, I'll tell my opponent that next time, I was so disheartened at such a major loss I left him to it...lol, well, the crew will stand and fight next time then.

Urgat
11-02-2008, 15:55
Well, a spear chukka, it doesn't grant much VP anyway, so don't feel cheated too much :p

juample
12-02-2008, 12:21
4) Good question! Don't think it has ever been asked.
Under 6th ed rules, an abandoned warmachine is effectively nothing - doesn't even block movement. That sentence has been removed in 7th ed. so...

The strange thing is if the machine is nothing... why can you charge them if you only can declare charge on enemy units...

Chaos Mortal
12-02-2008, 12:43
its a strange one lol

theunwantedbeing
12-02-2008, 13:18
I'de say you can march around abandened war machines as they present no threat, much in the same way that fleeing troops pose no threat so you are free to march with them nearby as well.

The rules dont really back this up as only fleeing troops are considered not to be a threat.

grishnakh99
13-02-2008, 01:40
It may be strange but it'd be stranger if you couldn't charge them and therefore destroy them.

juample
13-02-2008, 09:54
It may be strange but it'd be stranger if you couldn't charge them and therefore destroy them.

With the rules in the hand they can't march as long as machine remains a enemy unit.

But i am thinking, if you wan to March, there is no problem, charge them, and you will get a complete march movement (charge), and an extra move (overrun).
And also kill one machine. 3 in one, you only need to charge from the correct direction to take advantage. Who wants to march now? :p

Always is better to spoke before.

DeathlessDraich
13-02-2008, 11:28
The strange thing is if the machine is nothing... why can you charge them if you only can declare charge on enemy units...

This is 6th Ed rules and not 7th ed rules. As I stated before, under 6th ed the *abandoned* machine is *effectively* nothing and not nothing.