PDA

View Full Version : Moming units

juample
11-02-2008, 10:59
Canb you move parcially one unit, move another, and complet the movemet with the first unit?

theunwantedbeing
11-02-2008, 11:04
You shouldn't really do that, move each unit fully before moving the next unit. So you think carefully about how and when each unit moves.
Same for charges, the order can be vital.

juample
11-02-2008, 11:15
Then i cant move in base contact with a character, move the character into the unit, and complete the unit movement?

(sorry for the title)

khorne666
11-02-2008, 12:20
No, also the fact that as far as I know, if a charachter joins a unit (not sure what happens when leaving) then neither he or the unit can move for the rest of the turn. Not 100% on the latter rule though but it was what I was told in a game a while ago.

DeathlessDraich
11-02-2008, 14:14
Yes units can move in the way indicated during Remaining Moves because their rules do not stipulate that all movement during this sub-phase must be simultaneous.

Character movement from one unit to another requires additinal limitations - 2 rules must be adhered to
1) He cannot join and leave the same unit in the same turn
2) His movement must not exceed his movement allowance

Milgram
12-02-2008, 06:06
his movment MIGHT exceed his movement allowance under one circumstance: the movement within the unit is free. so if he is 7 inch behind a unit (he is M4) and he is allowed to march, then he can join the unit from the back and may take place in the first rank.

however: it is questionable whether the unit may move another inch then or not - as the movement within the unit is free, you could argue, but it is cheesy.

easiest way to do it? move the unit first and then let the character join.

Festus
12-02-2008, 07:47
his movment MIGHT exceed his movement allowance under one circumstance: the movement within the unit is free. so if he is 7 inch behind a unit (he is M4) and he is allowed to march, then he can join the unit from the back and may take place in the first rank.
Nonsense:
He may EXPLICITLY not make such a move.
The move within the unit may EXPLICITLY not enlarge his max move.

BRB, p.74, 3rd paragraph.

Festus

juample
12-02-2008, 08:11
BRB, p.74, 3rd paragraph.

Festus

Is that right Festus? i cant find it!

theunwantedbeing
12-02-2008, 08:43
You might want to read the whole page.....or the paragraph above the one Festus mentioned.

Festus
12-02-2008, 09:44
Hi

It is the last paragraph in *joining or leaving units*, and as I have the GErman version, it is the 3rd paragraph in my copy...

Festus

juample
12-02-2008, 10:07
Hi

It is the last paragraph in *joining or leaving units*, and as I have the GErman version, it is the 3rd paragraph in my copy...

Festus

I have spanish one ;D. Nice. All good.