PDA

View Full Version : 1500 point Empire list

Firebreather
11-02-2008, 11:52
Hey there everyone. This list is a little different than most of the other Empire armies I've put together thus far, as it focuses a little more on shooting and magic than I'm used to. I wouldn't consider it a gunline per say, but perhaps some will see it as such. Overall I think it's balanced with a lean towards firepower....then again, balance is a tricky thing to define and differs from person to person. So, that said, here's the list. Please let me know what you think.

Warrior Priest-
Two-handed Hammer
Heavy Armour
Sigil of Sigmar
Doomfire Ring

Battle Wizard-
Level 2
Ring of Volans

Battle Wizard-
Level 2
Rod of Power

20 Swordsmen-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Duellist

Detachment-
10 Halberdiers

Detachment-
10 Crossbowmen

10 Handgunners

6 Knights-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Preceptor
Steel Standard

20 Flagellants-
Prophet of Doom

5 Outriders-
Musician
Champion

Great Cannon

Helstorm Rocket Battery

TOTAL-1500pts.

Firebreather
11-02-2008, 11:54
Oh, and I'm thinking for sheer destructive power, my wizards will use the lore of fire and death respectively.

hwd
11-02-2008, 12:06
Very nice, balanced and should be fun to play with!

A few suggestions; I would go for 21 Flagellant so you can have them 7x3. Although this reduces combat res from ranks it brings you 4 more attacks...
Or go 18 (6x3) as this is easier to manouver (sp?) on the battlefield.

All the other units look good, and not trying to make myself too imnportant, how I would play them.
I would take free company rather than halberdier as a detachment but by all account (and probably good sense) halberdier are better!

Have fun smiting the foes of the Empire!

Firebreather
11-02-2008, 12:08
Thanks very much, hwd! I appreciate the compliment and suggestions very much! I was a little worried about this list, as it's a departure from my normal, more offensive geared armies. However, maybe I'm on to something here. With my pathetic record of wins, a little departure could be a good thing;)

I really like the way this list looks, both on paper and on the tabletop, and I'm hoping to try it out soon.

So, despite the fact that it has a lot of shooting elements, you wouldn't consider it a gunline by any means? Movement and such is still an important factor with this army, so it isn't just simply rolling dice.

Thanks again, hwd!

Firebreather
11-02-2008, 19:45
Okay then, there hasn't been much response to this as of yet, but I'm ready to call this list pretty much good to go. I might play around with using different lores for my wizards, of course. I expect to be facing Vampire Counts a lot in the near future, so a wizard using the Lore of Light might come in handy. Those low casting costs never hurt for a level 2 either...

Lore of Fire is probably the only definite, as it's what I'd call my default lore, which is pretty much good for everything.