PDA

View Full Version : Whould you allow...?

LawrencePhillips
11-02-2008, 12:40
I've got a nice and fluff Traitor IG army made using Forge World Traitor Parts. I'm using the adversaries rule in the back of codex daemon hunters to take a generic greater daemon and a unit of generic lesser daemons. I've met every rule and as far as I can tell this would be legal if I always played daemon hunters.

For anyone who doesn't play daemon hunters, would you be willing to play agianst this:

Command HQ: Command squad with 4 grenade lauchers & senior officer (daemon vessal) with plasma pistol
Anti Tank Squad: 3 Missile Launchers
Greater Daemon
9 Lesser Daemons
3x10 Grenadiers:Veteran with storm bolter, grenade launcher, meltagun
Hellhound

1000 points

JustTony
11-02-2008, 12:51
Absolutely. I don't see any problem, looks like a good list to me, maybe a little odd, but then I don't play Chaos. Good luck, and if you're ever in Louisville, KY look me up and I'll play you.

Peace: through superior firepower.

starlight
11-02-2008, 13:09
Greater Daemon as HQ and Lesser Daemons as Elites?

Sounds good. :) I'll play.:)

Dantès
11-02-2008, 13:17
That looks like a fun army list to play, you wouldn't happen to live East Coast US, more specifically in MD, would you?

Brother Loki
11-02-2008, 14:07
I'd be more than happy to play that.

pookie
11-02-2008, 14:12
no problem here mate at all, id play quite happily.

MorningLightMountain
11-02-2008, 14:56
I think it's great, and I think you should be applauded for writing a list with real character and feel :)

imperial_scholar
11-02-2008, 15:10
Looks good, what other doctrines will u use?

LawrencePhillips
14-02-2008, 13:38
Sorry I live in the UK

Doctrines are Grenadiers, iron discipline. And that's it, com'on their different enough!

I'll need to check again, but I believe the daemons are non compulsory troop choices while the Greater daemon is an upgrade for an independent character.

As I mentioned the gaurd are all FW traitors and the hellhound hound is a FW conversion too. I've got this dude (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99110201157&orignav=13) with the with his arms replace with the big claws from the tyranid warriors spue for a Greater Daemon (even though 50% of the time he can't fly - I'll just say on those day's he's too lazy) and using the current daemonetts as lesser daemons.

Hector
14-02-2008, 13:45
works for me. Good luck with it and as the others said, if you're ever in Hull give me a shout

Avenger2040
14-02-2008, 13:54
I see no problem, so it works for me and gladdy will play against that list. Go for it!

Maleficum
14-02-2008, 14:11
Off course I'd play your list! Looks good, seems fun and that's what the hobby is about. :)

[can'o'worms](odds are special lists are more likely to be fully painted too)[/can'o'worms']

IG_hopeful
14-02-2008, 14:19
I expect to see this moved as it is a sort of army list. thus in the wrong section.

I've got a nice and fluff Traitor IG army made using Forge World Traitor Parts. I'm using the adversaries rule in the back of codex daemon hunters to take a generic greater daemon and a unit of generic lesser daemons. I've met every rule and as far as I can tell this would be legal if I always played daemon hunters.

For anyone who doesn't play daemon hunters, would you be willing to play agianst this:

Command HQ: Command squad with 4 grenade lauchers & senior officer (daemon vessal) with plasma pistol
Anti Tank Squad: 3 Missile Launchers
Greater Daemon
9 Lesser Daemons
3x10 Grenadiers:Veteran with storm bolter, grenade launcher, meltagun
Hellhound

1000 points

intellectawe
14-02-2008, 14:32
I do not mean to be rude, so please forgive me if I sound rude but....

Why are you bothering to ask strangers online about this? Why aren't you asking your local gamers? They are the ones you will game with, not us.

Example... I have Squats, and I made up rules for them. People online said, years ago, they would play my army. People at my store refuse ot play the army simply because Squats are not a GW legal army (not because of my rules, simply, because Squats are not official). The few that did play me liked my army, but playing the same 2 people over and over gets boring after a few years.

So I have people online who will play me, but no one in my area who will touch my army.

See what I mean?

Darkoth
14-02-2008, 14:54
i'd play that but like intellectawe you should really ask your local gamers.

shadowsun68
14-02-2008, 15:05
I would play that list no problem. I would advice on buyin IA5 there is a great list for renegades for when you expand the army plus its a great read.