PDA

View Full Version : Lizardman sacred hosts

whydiablo
11-02-2008, 13:41
The rule "sacred hosts" allow skink priest to get sacred spawning and learn different lore of magic.

And, if the skink priest take a Spawning of Quetzl (Lore of Death), will this skink priest also get Scaly skin save +1?

Guyver OmegaX
11-02-2008, 14:12
From the Sacred Spaning on Quetzl rules:

Skink Skirmishers and characters must purchase the Sacred Spawning of Quetzl for +5 points per unit, and +5 points per character, which gives them a Scaly Skin Save of 6.

Skink Priests in a Sacred Host of Quetzl can only take their spells from the Lore of Death.

so 'Yes'.

whydiablo
11-02-2008, 14:21
So Sacred hosts of sotek (sacred hosts rule) and Blessed spawning of sotek (Army book) is the same thing?

For example, if my skink priest take spawning of sotek, it will get lore of beasts and +1 attack?
And saurus warrior is also force to take spawning of sotek, it still get the +1 attack effect?

Guyver OmegaX
11-02-2008, 15:05
Blessed Spawnings and Sacred Hosts are related, but not the same.

Taking a sacred Host will apply the relevant Blessed Spawning to all possible units, with the standard effects - this includes cases such as the Quetzl list, where Skink Priests get access to a spawning that they cannot usually take (the vanilla list only allowed Sotek or Old Ones on a Priest). It also has the bonus of giving Skink Priests a different lore of magic. Details of who must take what spawnings (for what cost) and what magic lores are used are in the sacred host rules.

However, if you take a 'standard' Lizardmen army and give your standard Skink Priest the Spawning of Sotek, he will ONLY get +1A when he charges - he still has access to only the Lore of HEavens.

whydiablo
11-02-2008, 16:19
I see, so basically sacred host take by priest only affect the lore of magic, but not the spawning's bonus

Mouchliazo
11-02-2008, 17:52
No, they also give the bonus. What Guyver was saying is that it doesn't work the other way around, for example taking the Spawning of Sotek in a normal Lizardmen army Priest doesn't give him access to the Lore of Beasts.

whydiablo
12-02-2008, 00:26
oh, I see.
It sound great, skink can get immune to psychology.

I ask this question because I don't believe the "Army builder" :P

Guyver OmegaX
12-02-2008, 07:23
I use Army Builder (basically too lazy to write down army lists), and don't normally have any problems with Lizardmen armies :)