PDA

View Full Version : High elf Caledor prince army.

Stonerkid655321
11-02-2008, 21:05
Hi, I wanted a army with both combat and shooting. I like eagles but 4 bolt throwers Means I am more able to out shot people meaning I can use the dragon cav and chariot for counter assault.

Prince, golden crown of atrazar, armour of caledor, lance, talisman of loec.
Star dragon.

Mage, level 2, jewel of the dusk, dispel scroll.

Mage, level 2, 2 dispel scrolls, silver wand.

10 lothern sea guard.

10 lothern sea guard.

5 dragon princes.

5 dragon princes.

Tironic chariot.

Bolt thrower.

Bolt thrower.

Bolt thrower.

Bolt thrower.

Be Afraid
11-02-2008, 22:06
u dont have decent magic or shooting. so any shooty army, you will be forced too you, against any reasonable player, you can expect too be massacred 9/10.

if you really want too soften and counter charge, drop the seaguard units and chariot for 3x 10 archers, and too make sure you get spells through, swap 2x dispel scrolls for a ring of fury, and swap lords crown for the lv1 wizard item.

Stonerkid655321
11-02-2008, 22:54
Against shooty armys I have the 4 bolt throwers to take out their most dangerous stuff such as cannons/stone throwers/level4 wizzard unit whale the dragon/knights gos in and kill their army. Archers suck. The ring of fury is good but with only 4 dispel dice I need all the scrolls I can take.

TK421
12-02-2008, 13:06
Archers suck. .

Debatable, but Sea Guard in units of 10 are just more expensive Archers with worse bows. :confused:

complexfire
12-02-2008, 14:04
I can see what you are wanting to do.. However I think this armys is accross the board. You have no unites with static CR (Which wins games) nor are you using the super movement and ASF of the high elf army... I personaly don't like min/max armys nor do I play with big 700pt chars in 2000/pt games.. With that said if you wanted a super fast hard hitting army with some shooting & Decent magic try the army below.. I think you will like it and it gives you some sneaky tricks indeed!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prince 545 Pts
Moon Dragon
Sword of Might
Armour of Caledor
Vambraces of Defense

*Downgraded to a Moon Dragon.. With the Sword of might and the armour he becomes hard to kill and still deals the damage. 4 STR5 (ALways) from the Gen and 5 STR6 from the Dragon.. Can challenge most units besides super heavy and is a great flank/rear charge.

Mage 260 Pts
Level 2
Tiranoc Chariot
Ring of Fury

*Mages in Chariots are awsome.. They become super agressive.. Run each mage in a chariot next to the dragon princes and move forward!!

Mage 260
Level 2
Tiranoc Chariot
Annulian Crystal

*High elf mages don't 'need' dispel scrolls.. with +1 to dispel and drain magic you are pretty well protected. The above mage has the RIng of Rury (a must take) and this mage has the Annulian Crystal getting you too 5Dispel and killing one enemy power dice.. Another must have.

15 Spearmen 135 Pts
*Killed the SeaGuard.. put one 15XSpearment in front/next to each bolt thrower.. Now you have some support.

15 Spearmen 135 Pts
* See above

12 Dragon Princes of Caledor 460 Pts
Full Command
Banner of Sorcery
Now this is a strong unit able to fight by itself!! and with the banner you will be able to get at least one drain magic off without hurting your magic phase!

Repeater Bolt Thrower 100 Pts

Repeater Bolt Thrower 100 Pts
* and the two repeaters for killing bad things.

Total Roster Cost: 1995

What do you think? Still doing what you want? This army provides alot of targets for shooting at and lets you move very fast.. Be agressive!!! You will still have two units in your deployment to hold table Qrtrs... Now go get the other two and kill anything you find along the way!!!

-Complexfire.

Lord Khabal
12-02-2008, 14:23
Hmmm persolnally I'de kept the DP to 6 with war banner and downgraded the 2 mages to level 1, cause they are not worth the points... Or just take 1 scroll cady with 2 DMS. Then use some white lions (7 wide - 13 models to have rank) and archers (2 units for core minimum). Use 4 RBT. Personally I dont see the advantage of sword of might VS GW since armour of caledour does not have shield and you allways strike first anyway...
And put a bow on the dragon lord. And keep the chariots.

winkypinky
12-02-2008, 14:30
Debatable, but Sea Guard in units of 10 are just more expensive Archers with worse bows. :confused:

Yes.. but with a 5+ save, And double the attack in many cases.

Which makes archers better on pure defence and at shooting (a lot in fact)
And seaguards a lot better on the offence.

Choose what you prefer.

complexfire
12-02-2008, 16:16
Hmmm persolnally I'de kept the DP to 6 with war banner and downgraded the 2 mages to level 1, cause they are not worth the points... Or just take 1 scroll cady with 2 DMS. Then use some white lions (7 wide - 13 models to have rank) and archers (2 units for core minimum). Use 4 RBT. Personally I dont see the advantage of sword of might VS GW since armour of caledour does not have shield and you allways strike first anyway...
And put a bow on the dragon lord. And keep the chariots.

That does seem to work.. However with 12 you are at CR2 and possibly outnumber (US24) before combat... Plus the unit is generating 1-3 power dice. With the 6 dice from the 2xlvl2's you should be able to cast a couple of spells and through drain magic up as well..

Seems like this was meant to be an agressive list.. Is that right?

Cheers
-Ian

Lord Anathir
13-02-2008, 01:43
I have disagree with an above comment.

The lack of static combat res WINS games. The more msu your army is and harder to kill then the easier chance you have of winning. The army is pretty much 4 rbt and the dragon. The rbt stay out of combat and far away, the dragon does his thing, and everything else gets in the way/defend the rbt.

When you dont have blocks of troops you dont have to worry about 100vp for standards, getting your flank rolled up, general's leadership, buying a bsb, etc, etc.

-----------
However, its hellaboring to play and thats why I use RnF infantry in my high elf army.