PDA

View Full Version : Ard Boyz Fun

Goldenwolf
12-02-2008, 01:23
Hey folks, I just can't stop thinking about how much fun the Ard Boyz tourney will be. I have 3 armies to choose from, and am just wondering what other people will be bringing.

I have:
Empire with 2 Steam Tanks, and War Altar
O&G with 3 Giants and a Shaman on Wyvern
VC with Yet to be determined as I haven't seen a armybook

Just wondering if anyone else thinks this will be fun to cheese out an army, and what they would bring to the table :)

Nedar
12-02-2008, 06:03
Anyone smell :cheese:? :cool:

Goldenwolf
13-02-2008, 01:05
Isn't that the whole point? Everyone breaks out their "It can't lose" army and we'll see what happens? :)

That's why I like this idea. Even if I go 0-3 and get massacred every game I'll get to see and experience some epic confrontations.

Will Grimgor make it to the table? I am guessing that Teclis, and one of the Vampire Lords will be there.

prelude_to_war
13-02-2008, 01:27
Will Tyrion make an appearance? How about Prince on Star Dragon plus Dragon Mage?

Goldenwolf
13-02-2008, 01:33
Prelude, that sounds cool. The HE can theoretically field 3 dragons in a 3500 point list, can't they?

I think we also might see some Tree madness from the Woodies, Skaven will probably field 2 Grey Seers and 4 Warlock engineers, Brets will have Peggies, 2 Trebuchets and Knights up the wazoo, Can Lizardmen put 2 Slanns on the table? How many bone Giants will TK field? Can the Hordes field multiple Greater Demons?

Bwa ha ha ha

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
13-02-2008, 01:45
*sigh*

This is why I'm so sad that the Games Workshop store in Syracuse was closed. Now I can't get in on cool stuff like this. No Iron Halo for me...

Goldenwolf
13-02-2008, 10:06
Uriel,

Mine is at a Rogue Trader store 45 minutes from where I live, is there anything near you that may have a qualifier for this?

Esco Thomson
13-02-2008, 14:17
Prelude, that sounds cool. The HE can theoretically field 3 dragons in a 3500 point list, can't they?

I think we also might see some Tree madness from the Woodies, Skaven will probably field 2 Grey Seers and 4 Warlock engineers, Brets will have Peggies, 2 Trebuchets and Knights up the wazoo, Can Lizardmen put 2 Slanns on the table? How many bone Giants will TK field? Can the Hordes field multiple Greater Demons?

Bwa ha ha ha

I don't know about most of that stuff, but I can state that most TK's will not be fielding much if any Bone Giants.

The correct question is 3 SSC's or 2 and a CoS?

Orinoco
13-02-2008, 14:33
*sigh*

This is why I'm so sad that the Games Workshop store in Syracuse was closed. Now I can't get in on cool stuff like this. No Iron Halo for me...

The Iron Halo programme nets you a badge. that's it....:rolleyes:

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
13-02-2008, 17:37
The Iron Halo programme nets you a badge. that's it....:rolleyes:

Yes. I want that badge. I'm going to put it on my sweet Cadian VIII backpack.

RavenBloodwind
13-02-2008, 18:47
Empire with 2 Steam Tanks, and War Altar
O&G with 3 Giants and a Shaman on Wyvern
VC with Yet to be determined as I haven't seen a armybook

Just wondering if anyone else thinks this will be fun to cheese out an army, and what they would bring to the table :)

For Empire I honestly though someone would take Karl Franz on dragon, War Altar and 3 steam tanks.

I was looking at a ridiculous WE list that wouldn't be viable but might be entertaining:
2 Lords on Dragons and 3 treemen

With essentially absent magic protection I expect this army would have it's wooden limbs handed to it by a magic-heavy opponent but the sheer joy of dropping more than 1/2 your points as 5 models in a non-chaos army might be worth the look on some opponents faces.

The army I fear most in such an event would be dwarfs with 8-10 runed-up bolt throwers followed by the oblitatory anvil, 3 gyrocopters and all that jazz.

Goldenwolf
14-02-2008, 10:36
Esco, I am not a TK player I just know the local guy I play loves his Boner :) What was the stuff you mentioned?

Raven go for it! I am probably going to play the Brothers grimm list of O&G just to see what happens :)

I expect every list I see to be a problem in the making, that's why I think this will be fun. I get tired of the same 2000 point lists, so an all comers list of psychotic extreme just seems great.

Esco Thomson
14-02-2008, 13:12
Esco, I am not a TK player I just know the local guy I play loves his Boner :) What was the stuff you mentioned?

Raven go for it! I am probably going to play the Brothers grimm list of O&G just to see what happens :)

I expect every list I see to be a problem in the making, that's why I think this will be fun. I get tired of the same 2000 point lists, so an all comers list of psychotic extreme just seems great.

I like my Bone giant as well, he's just rather hit and miss, literally.

The stuff I was mentioning was an SSC, Screaming Skull Catapult which are awesome, and or the Casket of Skulls which can be devastating.