PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts of Lizardmen - First time

IBCCream
12-02-2008, 07:28
I've finally given up my beloved Dwarves and am moving on to playing lizardmen. I've played against them a few times and am trying to make a pretty balanced list. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Scarvet
Light Armor, Shield, Greatweapon
+1 Attack, +1 Dispel Dice
Jaguar Warrior

Scarvet
Light Armor
+1 Armor Save, Mark of the Old Ones
Burning Blade, Enchanted Shield

Skink Priest
Level 2
2x Dispel Scroll

Skink Priest
Level 2
Diadem of Power

12 Skinks

12 Skinks

12 Skinks

24 Saurus Warriors
Command, +1 Save

8 Chameleons

4 Kroxigors

3 Salamanders

3 Salamanders

I'm also 60 points shy of 2000, so if anyone has any suggestions let me know.

The_Dragon_Rising
12-02-2008, 08:54
First comment comes on the very high amount of magic defence you have. 2 DScrolls, diadem, 2 priests, 2 basic and tepok. You will rarely need all of this.

Secondly. Why no oldblood? For 60pts more you get +1T, +1A, +1WS, +1W, 50 points more magic allowance and another sacred spawning slot.

Third. Are you going combat, shooty or magic? At the moment you have aspects of all three and will fail in all three.

1 Priest with diadem and possibly a spawning of tepok is enough for magic defence. Magic offence you are best taking a slaan. Shooting, drop the saurus.

Say what you want and i can offer more advice.

danko
12-02-2008, 19:36
I would agree with taking an Oldblood. Personally I run a Jaguar Oldblood with Aura of Quetzl and the Enchanted shield, a GW, light armor, Spawnings of Sotek, Quetzl, and Tlazcotl (very handy for monster hunting).

I take exactly the same amount of magic defense you do, and I find it absolutely necessary. I regularly fight opponents with a lot of magic power and you will need all the dispelling power you can get as more armies come out with amazing magic (recent HE and VC, upcoming Demons and DE).

6 Sallies is cheesy, any double rare is cheesy. People will not like playing against that.

I personally don't like Chameleon skinks, they are too soft for their points IMO. I prefer Terradons.

And on being magic/shooting/close combat, the main strength of the Lizardmen list is it's versatility and ability to compete in all phases. IMO balanced is the way to go, unless you run a Slann.

Conotor
13-02-2008, 01:55
This list is VERY heavy on shooting. It's all S3, so u will crush elves and die to everything elce.

Id remove the chamelions and the priest with scrolls.

Then drop the burning blade on the scar vet and give him the gleaming pendent. Put him in the sarrus unit and place skinks infront of them to strike first on enemy cav.

Put quetzle on the jaguar warrior. Then add 2 units of terradons. They own.