PDA

View Full Version : Question

Abhorash
12-02-2008, 09:42
If i remember right it was forbitten to take special characters with out agreement from opponent, is it still so? Cause i played against guy at shop couple days ago, and he got karl franz in the army... Needless to say my VC got run over.

And another question... Have people already got the new VC book or where do they get to know new items/bloodline powers?

Nephilim of Sin
12-02-2008, 10:08
That is the way it used to be, and for a while they were not even allowed in tournies. That is why they dominate the tournament scene now. As for VC info, check out the rumors section for a plethora of solid information (well, most of it).

EDIT: Also, Most special Characters have been toned down considerably from their previous incarnations, or have huge requirements to take them that can limit your army. This balances out the ability to take them, which they did not have in 5th (not sure about 6th).

DeathlessDraich
12-02-2008, 10:10
1) A special character in an army is a legal army. Special characters are not forbidden by any rule but are frequently omitted in tournaments.

2) It is common practice to agree whether special characters can be included.

knightime98
12-02-2008, 10:36
Our club generally accepts the notion of using Special Characters. However, it is frowned up on if the game is 2,000 points or less. A 3k game well then it is generally ok to bring one. No one in our group has fielded an Over the top character like Archeon, Karl Franz, or such.. Usually characters like the Green Knight and Grimgore have been seen..

T10
12-02-2008, 12:01
If i remember right it was forbitten to take special characters with out agreement from opponent, is it still so? Cause i played against guy at shop couple days ago, and he got karl franz in the army... Needless to say my VC got run over.

And another question... Have people already got the new VC book or where do they get to know new items/bloodline powers?

You might be remembering way back into 5th edition and early 6th edition. All special characters in the current army lists can be used without need to ask your opponent for permission.

-T10