PDA

View Full Version : Skaven 2500 Point List

Longfang
12-02-2008, 14:37
My main opponents are dwarves (1 runepriest) and lizardmen (slann and priest), so I am having trouble deciding between a warlord or a grey seer, but in the end I just went with a grey seer because the model is sick and I have a thing for lvl. 4 wizard lords...

Feel free to rip this list to shreds; I take criticism very well.

LIST:

Grey Seer 290 points
Grey Seer, Dispel Scroll, The Foul Pendant
[romps around with ratling gun clanrat unit]

Plague Priest 136 points
Plague Priest, Plague Censer, Liber Bubonicus, Warpstone Token
[attached to monk unit]

Battle Standard Bearer 149 points
Chieftain, Battle Standard Bearer, Sacred Standard of the Horned Rat
[goes with stormvermin unit]

Master Engineer 110 points
Warlock Engineer, Warp-Blades, Upgraded Warp-Energy Condenser, Supercharged Warp-Power Accumulator, Dispel Scroll
[goes with warpfire thrower clanrat unit]

Clanrat Warriors 200 points
25 Clanrats, Musician, Standard Bearer
Attached Ratling Gun Team

Clanrat Warriors 195 points
24 Clanrats, Musician, Standard Bearer
Attached Ratling Gun Team

Clanrat Warriors 210 points
24 Clanrats, Musician, Standard Bearer
Attached Warpfire Thrower Team

Stormvermin 217 points
24 Stormvermin, Musician, Standard Bearer, Fangleader

Clanrat Slaves 48 points
22 Slaves, Musician

Clanrat Slaves 48 points
22 Slaves, Musician

Giant Rats 120 points
3 Giant Rat Packs

Rat Ogres 150 points
3 Rat Ogre Packs

Rat Ogres 150 points
3 Rat Ogre Packs

Plague Monks 242 points
24 Plague Monks, Additional Hand Weapons, Musician, Standard Bearer, Plague Deacon, Banner Of Burning Hatred

Plague Censer Bearers 136 points
8 Plague Censer Bearers

Warp-Lightning Cannon 100 points
Warp-Lightning Cannon

I haven't actually bought any of the models yet, but I am going to buy soon, and I just wanted to make sure that this list is good before I spend $300+ dollars on a brand new army

Longfang
12-02-2008, 16:21
Thinking about dropping 1 unit of ogres to take 3 units of 6 night runners, and maybe 6 poisoned wind globadiers...

What does everyone think about that?

fubukii
12-02-2008, 16:25
i would drop all of the rat ogres, they really arent even somewhat useful in their current rules,to easy to panic, and not hitty enough.

For the plague priest id probably drop the liber, and give him a ward save instead.

Im surprised to see no storm daemon in the list on the warlock, its a pretty amazing item.
I would probably add in a 3rd slave unit and some gutter runner tunnel teams to kill enemy warmachines and mages.

Im not a big fan of weapon teams i feel that they are to vunerable to justify their point cost, as they can be shoot as long as they in los (hill, non los magic etc) and only have1 wound at toughness 3 (not a bargain for 60+ pt models)

If you want to take storm vermin i suggest you give them a magic banner, the umbranner for the ward save to protect your pricey unit may be a good idea, but id probably go with the warbanner.

A interesting suggestion would be to drop the storm vermin, make them a second unit of plague monks, drop the cannon get more plague censer bearers, and change the banner on the bsb to the storm banner, for great protection vs shooting ( since you do not have alot of it anyway)

IronBrother
12-02-2008, 16:50
@fubikii i didn't even need to read your post to hear to you call for more slaves.
@longfang i too would drop the rat ogres and wlc and take one more unit of plague monks, and some more plague censer bearers. then you can use these tough screens to protect your weapons teams. you could also deploy your worth wise slaves in front of these teams. I love stormvermin, keep them they are more than worth their cost, but they need the umbranner to help them out.

Longfang
12-02-2008, 17:47
Hokay, how about this:

2,500 Points

LIST:

Grey Seer – 315 points
• Grey Seer, Dispel Scroll, The Foul Pendant, Eye of the Horned Rat

Plague Priest – 86 points
• Plague Priest, Plague Censer

Battle Standard Bearer – 74 points
• Chieftain, Battle Standard Bearer

Master Engineer – 135 points
• Warlock Engineer, Warp-Blades, Upgraded Warp-Energy Condenser, Supercharged Warp-Power Accumulator, Dispel Scroll, Storm Daemon

Clanrat Warriors – 200 points
• 25 Clanrats, Musician, Standard Bearer
• Attached Ratling Gun Team

Clanrat Warriors – 195 points
• 24 Clanrats, Musician, Standard Bearer
• Attached Ratling Gun Team

Clanrat Warriors – 210 points
• 24 Clanrats, Musician, Standard Bearer
• Attached Warpfire Thrower Team

Night Runners – 30 points
• 6 Night Runners

Night Runners – 30 points
• 6 Night Runners

Stormvermin – 252 points
• 24 Stormvermin, Musician, Standard Bearer, Fangleader, Umbranner

Clanrat Slaves – 48 points
• 22 Slaves, Musician

Clanrat Slaves – 48 points
• 22 Slaves, Musician

Clanrat Slaves – 44 points
• 22 Slaves

Giant Rats – 120 points
• 3 Giant Rat Packs

Rat Ogres – 150 points
• 3 Rat Ogre Packs

Plague Monks – 242 points
• 24 Plague Monks, Additional Hand Weapons, Musician, Standard Bearer, Banner Of Burning Hatred

Gutter Runners Tunneling Team – 85 points
• 5 Gutter Runners, Poisoned Hand Weapons, Tunneling Team

Plague Censer Bearers – 136 points
• 8 Plague Censer Bearers

Warp-Lightning Cannon – 100 points
• Warp-Lightning Cannon

I did, in fact, read your responses, but I'm keeping the wlc because I really like them, and since I am going to have 6 rat ogres it seems like a waste to drop them all and leave them sitting there... Plus I kinda like them too actually. So I compromised and cut one unit of them.

I would be up for more monks, but where would I get the points?... They're pricey little rodents!

Is this rendition an improvement? I want it to be tactically sound, but also financially viable because I am buying this army on a limited budget, so I can't go overboard and have 100 jezzails for instance.

Thanks for your feedback, and keep it coming!!

IronBrother
12-02-2008, 19:00
in the past my tunneling teams have either never arrived or scattered off the table, I like my expensive elite rats to scout, rather than tunnel. that should be enough points with *cough* drop *cough* of the rat ogres, you may like them, but if they are not in the court of nurglitch they are far too weak. that should get you more monks

Longfang
12-02-2008, 19:11
hmmmmmm I guesssssss.... If I have tooooooo........

"why mommy why? why does the bad man take away my rat ogres? whyyyyy?"

no but on a more mature note, if I drop the tunnelling team upgrade, then I am pretty much left vulnerable to war machines (DWARVES...), whereas a unit of 5, provided they show up, could take out one or two of the death-flinging contraptions before too much goes awry.

Plus, with the 165 points gained, that wouldn't be enough for a good sized unit, would it?

Shamfrit
12-02-2008, 19:15
Drop the Stormvermin and take a Screaming Bell.

They really are expensive, yes, but they are absolutely divine for protecting your grey Seer far more than just him being in a Clanrat unit.

On the bell! Ring the bell-thing, crush man-things!

Longfang
12-02-2008, 20:33
Well I think it will take QUITE a bit of persuading to do that... for 2 reasons:

1) I LOOOOOVE stormvermin
2) I don't like having huge 400+ point models in my army, albeit that they are effective.

ZeroTwentythree
12-02-2008, 20:56
I used to be a tunnel team doubter... but after about a year and a half of using them, I make it pretty standard practice to take 2 units in 2000+/- point games.

I do still think rOgres suck, though. And I did take them. For years. Mainly because I like the concept and the models. But I ended up giving in and dropping them. And the WLC. It was good every once in a while, but most local opponents will chase it away as soon as possible.

As far as the giant rats, I'm not fond big packs. Slaves or clanrats are better in numbers. I do really like single packs. If that was my army, I'd break them up into 3 single pack units.

Shamfrit
12-02-2008, 20:58
Drop something else then, lol.

The War Machine roll, and fear, and hatred etc can REALLY help combat wise against Dwarves...