PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Pts - Dwarfs.. Something a little different!! I think. :D

complexfire
12-02-2008, 18:10
2500 Pts - Dwarf LIST

So the list is inspired by old military shoot em then hit em hard... in the gonads...

Deployment will be something along the lines off

BOLT-Quaril-IRON-LongBeards-IRON-QUARIL-BOLT
STONE THROWER

The Lord goes in the longbeards and one thane goes into a unit of ironbreakers each. The runesmith joins the stonethower..
using alot of little sneaky tricks here.. Like 5 STR4 attacks and +2CR on a war machine.. good luck mr flyer/skirmishers hehehehe

also the irons with the oaths are there to take flank charges and not loose ranks while protecting the longbeards..
The middle of the army moves forward leaving everything else behind.

Dwarf Lord @ 296 Pts
Shieldbearers
Master Rune of Kragg the Grim
Rune of Fury (x1)
Rune of Resistance
Rune of Stone
Master Rune of Spite

17 Longbeards @ 327 Pts
Great Weapon;
Heavy Armour;
Shield
Full Command
Master Rune of Grungni

Thane @ 162 Pts
Oath Stone
Rune of Cleaving (x1)
Rune of Fury (x2)
Rune of Stone

19 Ironbreakers @ 277 Pts
Full Command

Thane @ 157 Pts
Rune of Cleaving (x2)
Rune of Fury (x1)
Rune of Stone

Full Command

16 Quarellers 249 Pts
Full Command
Great Weapon
Shield

16 Quarellers 249 Pts
Full Command
Great Weapon
Shield

Bolt Thrower @ 90 Pts
Rune of Penetrating (x1)
Engineer
Brace of Pistols

Bolt Thrower @ 95 Pts
Rune of Burning
Rune of Penetrating (x1)
Engineer
Brace of Pistols

Runesmith @ 147 Pts
Rune of Fury (x3)

Grudge Thrower @ 170 Pts
Rune of Penetrating (x1)
Stalwart Rune (x2)
Engineer
Brace of Pistols
Dwarf Handgun

Total Roster Cost: 2496

Ideas?

Malorian
12-02-2008, 18:16
Looks fine to me... but then again I LOVE ironbreakers ; )

complexfire
12-02-2008, 19:55
Looks fine to me... but then again I LOVE ironbreakers ; )

Would it be fun to play agains? How about competative? I wanna have fun but also wanna win too.. without going over the top! :angel:

Malorian
12-02-2008, 20:18
I think it's just that. Competitive without going over the top.

A good fun list to play against ; )

Violadudester
12-02-2008, 20:35
If you're taking a Lord, why not go for a unit of Hammerers instead of an extra unit of Ironbreakers? You'll save some points and can possibly add another magic standard to a unit. I'd drop your Quarellers down to 10 each (maybe 12), as I see 16 being too big a unit to stretch across your line, and ineffective to rank up. Other than that the list looks sound.

AFoolProofPlan
13-02-2008, 05:15
It's a pretty nice list. But there are few things you could do to save some points. I hope these will help out a bit

Dwarf Lord @ 296 Pts
Shieldbearers
Master Rune of Kragg the Grim
Rune of Fury (x1)
Rune of Resistance
Rune of Stone
Master Rune of Spite
45 pts is a lot to pay for just 1 extra attack. I'd just go for GW

17 Longbeards @ 327 Pts
Great Weapon;
Heavy Armour;
Shield
Full Command
Master Rune of Grungni
If these guys are going to have a character in their ranks, you need a unit Champ. He'll serve almost like an extra wound for your character, and give flexibility in challenges.

Thane @ 162 Pts
Oath Stone
Rune of Cleaving (x1)
Rune of Fury (x2)
Rune of Stone
Little expensive, but he's very killy. And no shield?

Full Command

Thane @ 157 Pts
Rune of Cleaving (x2)
Rune of Fury (x1)
Rune of Stone
Again, same deal as your lord. And it this case it's 65 pts for 1 extra attack. GW and MroGromril will do just as well. He'll do great in challenges as well with his 1+ save that way.

Full Command

16 Quarellers 249 Pts
Full Command
Great Weapon
Shield

16 Quarellers 249 Pts
Full Command
Great Weapon
Shield
I don't think you should be going for a Fighty shooters. for 249 pts, you can get a unit of 15 Hammerers with FC and 25pts of Banner. You should try smaller units with just Shields and nothing else. They won't kill much, but they're still tough as any other Dwarfs and will do a great job at holding up the enemy. Then you can counter charge with your actual combat units.

Bolt Thrower @ 90 Pts
Rune of Penetrating (x1)
Engineer
Brace of Pistols

Bolt Thrower @ 95 Pts
Rune of Burning
Rune of Penetrating (x1)
Engineer
Brace of Pistols

Don't bother with pistols. If you use his BS, you can't shoot with his guns. Save the points.

Runesmith @ 147 Pts
Rune of Fury (x3)
Don't kit him out for Combat. Thane will do a far better job no matter how you put it. Give him a GW, RoStone, and perhaps a Scroll, or a MroBalance. After all, he's there to provide magic defense.

Grudge Thrower @ 170 Pts
Rune of Penetrating (x1)
Stalwart Rune (x2)
Engineer
Brace of Pistols
Dwarf Handgun

Same deal with the Gun. Also try RoAccuracy, and RoPenetrating instead. +2 to CR isn't gonna save you against dedicated combat troops.

complexfire
13-02-2008, 17:18
Thanks everyone.. Here is the new list.

*AFoolPoofPlan - Thanks for the advise.. Pointing out the cost of the extra attacks and what not really made me look at how I am spending points and making me think "is it worth it?".. Just because I can take a bizillion points of magic items doesn't mean that I have to. Please tell me what you think of the list.

Comments are included in the roster. I will be deploying almost the same as before (depending on terrian)

------------------------------------------------------

2500 Pts - Dwarfs Roster

Dwarf Lord @ 266 Pts
Shieldbearers
Rune of Preservation
Rune of Resistance
Rune of Stone
Master Rune of Spite
*Dropped the runes on the weapon and leaving it as a G.Weapon. Added the rune of Preservation to stop the killing blow and the posion.

17 Longbeards @ 327 Pts
Full Command
Great Weapon
Heavy Armour
Shield
Master Rune of Grungni
*Left the same. Full Command includes a champ as well

Thane @ 162 Pts
Shield
Oath Stone
Rune of Cleaving (x1)
Rune of Fury (x2)
Rune of Stone
*Same, please note I forgot to write down the shield.

19 Ironbreakers @ 312 Pts
Full Command
Rune of Battle
Ancestor Rune
*With the extra points I added a Rune of Battle and a Ancestor Rune... The +1 Static CR is going to be very good for the unit..

Thane @ 114 Pts
Great Weapon
Oath Stone
Master Rune of Gromril
*Removed the runes on the weapon and the rune of stone. Added a G.weapon and M.Rune of Gromril for staying power

19 Ironbreakers @ 327 Pts
Full Command
Rune of Battle
Rune of Stoicism
*Added a rune of Battle and the Rune of Stoicism.. Trying to get +6 CR w/outnumber as its US 40 w/the banner. :)

16 Quarellers @ 217 pts
Shield
Full Command

16 Quarellers @ 217 pts
Shield
Full Command
*Dropped the G. Weapons but kept the unit size the same.. I like 16 as I get 8 shots around and 16 shots on a hill/large target..
besides I think they are going to stand up in H2H!

Bolt Thrower @ 85 Pts
Rune of Penetrating (x1)
Engineer

Bolt Thrower @ 90 Pts
Rune of Penetrating (x1)
Rune of Burning
Engineer

Runesmith @ 81 Pts
Great Weapon
Shield
Rune of Stone
*Dropped the runes on the weapon..

Grudge Thrower @ 160 Pts
Rune of Penetrating (x1)
Stalwart Rune (x2)
Engineer
*Decided to keep these runes.. I like the sneaky +2 CR... No one seems to use it. Will be fun in a tourny when no one knows!

Gyrocopter @ 140 Pts
*Had enough pts to add this.. going to fly around, block march and shoot W00t!!!!
Total Roster Cost: 2498

AFoolProofPlan
13-02-2008, 19:58
There isn't too much to change with the list now. But I tried to comment on whatever I could find.
One thing I noticed though, You're very heavy on Characters. You've spent around 800 pts on your 4 Characters. You could get 4 units of warriors with that kind of point!!. Dropping one of the Thane will free up quite a bit of points for you, and get you more units.

Dwarf Lord @ 266 Pts
Shieldbearers
Rune of Preservation
Rune of Resistance
Rune of Stone
Master Rune of Spite
Drop RoPreservation. He has US3, so he's immune to Killing blow. And with 1+ armour save, Poison isn't big of a deal. MroChallenge will be welcome here. He can get into combat he wants to far easier

17 Longbeards @ 327 Pts
Full Command
Great Weapon
Heavy Armour
Shield
Master Rune of Grungni
I still can't understand the number.
If you want a nice hammer unit, Go for hammerers. They're far better with Lord, and cheaper. And stubborn to boot. But Re-rolling panic is nice too.

Thane @ 162 Pts
Shield
Oath Stone
Rune of Cleaving (x1)
Rune of Fury (x2)
Rune of Stone

Full Command
Rune of Battle
Ancestor Rune

Thane @ 114 Pts
Great Weapon
Oath Stone
Master Rune of Gromril
*Removed the runes on the weapon and the rune of stone. Added a G.weapon and M.Rune of Gromril for staying power

Full Command
Rune of Battle
Rune of Stoicism
*Added a rune of Battle and the Rune of Stoicism.. Trying to get +6 CR w/outnumber as its US 40 w/the banner.

16 Quarellers @ 217 pts
Shield
Full Command

16 Quarellers @ 217 pts
Shield
Full Command
*Dropped the G. Weapons but kept the unit size the same.. I like 16 as I get 8 shots around and 16 shots on a hill/large target..
I'd go for 3 units of 10 instead. More flexibiltiy with your shooting, and more charge baits/support unit

Bolt Thrower @ 85 Pts
Rune of Penetrating (x1)
Engineer

Bolt Thrower @ 90 Pts
Rune of Penetrating (x1)
Rune of Burning
Engineer

Runesmith @ 81 Pts
Great Weapon
Shield
Rune of Stone

Grudge Thrower @ 160 Pts
Rune of Penetrating (x1)
Stalwart Rune (x2)
Engineer
*Decided to keep these runes.. I like the sneaky +2 CR... No one seems to use it. Will be fun in a tourny when no one knows!
They only have to kill 4 guys. +2 to CR won't mean much if you're wiped out. Also your crew are stubborn, so you have to win with the +2 CR to even benefit from it.
And in reality, they'll always outnumber you. So you're losing out on 1 CR as it is. And trust me, You want RoAccuracy. Re-rolling Scatter Dice is invaluable.

Gyrocopter @ 140 Pts

Murdoch
14-02-2008, 17:40
Whilst concurring with everything that Foolproofplan (shock, me agreeing with fpp) has said, I would really really put a scroll (or 2) on the smith (nothing like saying no absolutely not) and take a unit of hammerers over one of the Ironbreakers.

Would deff drop the stalwart runes and get the RoAccuracy (use the spare points on the scroll)

Gyrocopter is invaluable as it gives you options that your first list didn't have.

complexfire
14-02-2008, 17:57
Comments below:

Dwarf Lord @ 266 Pts
Shieldbearers
Rune of Preservation
Rune of Resistance
Rune of Stone
Master Rune of Spite
Drop RoPreservation. He has US3, so he's immune to Killing blow. And with 1+ armour save, Poison isn't big of a deal. MroChallenge will be welcome here. He can get into combat he wants to far easier
* I thought that he is still US1 and besides would be considered a man sized model.. I have played alot with the shieldbarers and had my lord whacked a couple of times with killing blow. Is this in Error? Where can I look this up?

18 Longbeards @ 327 Pts
Full Command
Great Weapon
Heavy Armour
Shield
Master Rune of Grungni
I still can't understand the number.
If you want a nice hammer unit, Go for hammerers. They're far better with Lord, and cheaper. And stubborn to boot. But Re-rolling panic is nice too.
Sorry about the number thingy.. Its 18 damn army builder. As for long beards I like the re-roll for phyc and I have a unit of all 1st edd dwarfs. (Guys with tea, and beer, hats.. they are soo cool)

Thane @ 162 Pts
Shield
Oath Stone
Rune of Cleaving (x1)
Rune of Fury (x2)
Rune of Stone

Full Command
Rune of Battle
Ancestor Rune

Thane @ 114 Pts
Great Weapon
Oath Stone
Master Rune of Gromril

Full Command
Rune of Battle
Rune of Stoicism
*Added a rune of Battle and the Rune of Stoicism.. Trying to get +6 CR w/outnumber as its US 40 w/the banner.

16 Quarellers @ 217 pts
Shield
Full Command

16 Quarellers @ 217 pts
Shield
Full Command
I'd go for 3 units of 10 instead. More flexibiltiy with your shooting, and more charge baits/support unit
*I may take your advise after a couple of games to try them out.. Should I also remove the CMD if I drop to 10?

Bolt Thrower @ 85 Pts
Rune of Penetrating (x1)
Engineer

Bolt Thrower @ 90 Pts
Rune of Penetrating (x1)
Rune of Burning
Engineer

Runesmith @ 81 Pts
Great Weapon
Shield
Rune of Stone

Grudge Thrower @ 160 Pts
Rune of Penetrating (x1)
Stalwart Rune (x2)
Engineer
They only have to kill 4 guys. +2 to CR won't mean much if you're wiped out. Also your crew are stubborn, so you have to win with the +2 CR to even benefit from it.
And in reality, they'll always outnumber you. So you're losing out on 1 CR as it is. And trust me, You want RoAccuracy. Re-rolling Scatter Dice is invaluable.
* Let me see if I am able to bait anyone.. Then I may actually take your advice.

Gyrocopter @ 140 Pts[/QUOTE]

complexfire
14-02-2008, 17:58
Whilst concurring with everything that Foolproofplan (shock, me agreeing with fpp) has said, I would really really put a scroll (or 2) on the smith (nothing like saying no absolutely not) and take a unit of hammerers over one of the Ironbreakers.

Would deff drop the stalwart runes and get the RoAccuracy (use the spare points on the scroll)

Gyrocopter is invaluable as it gives you options that your first list didn't have.

I have never played with a Gyro so this will be a first. its the only model I don't own right now.. Any tips on how to use them?

Weemo
14-02-2008, 18:32
Looks like quite a good list, i tend to find that thunderes are much better than their cheaper cousins because of the fact that they can hit stuff, i tend to find that although they have a six inch longer range it just isnt worth it when they'll be hitting on fives. I would never take command on shooting units, maybe just a personal preferance but shooting units are shootingunits, if you try and make them good in combat they get so expensive and i would rather cut the unit down, drop the command and great weapons and with the points spare either get some warriors or some slayers to protect them, even if they die at least they will give you another round of shhoting at your opponent.

The rest looks fine not to my tastes but if it suits our gaming environment then thats the main thing.

mengil
14-02-2008, 20:11
ive only played with dwarfs for about 5 games but i do love the ironbreakers
but i also like slayers