PDA

View Full Version : Gorkamorka Necron Raid Q's

hendybadger
12-02-2008, 18:39
in the only issue of the gubbinz mag for gorkamorka there is a necron raid scenario.
ive got the models done and really want to use it. but i have one or two questions about it.

1) it says an ork can pick up a gauss flayer from a dismembered necron. when? when its down? before it fades out of action?

2) if its when the necron is down and an ork has his gun does he still have one if he gets back up again?

3) can necrons run/charge?

4) how far do destoyers move? it doesnt say. treat as bike? if so can it thrust?

5) destroyer armour penetrated. do you roll on a damage table? if so which one?

thats all so far but i cant work these out.

really hope someone can help with this

Emperors Teeth
12-02-2008, 20:59
Okay... reading through that same article right now... here's my thoughts:

1 - A bit vague isn't it! I'd say when it's down but before it fades out. That's the only time it's going to be on the floor 'dismembered'. It says they lay on the ground 'as if' destroyed so makes sense to me. If it gets up later I bet it'll be pi$$ed!

2 - See above question... Necron'll be unarmed.

3 - Necrons can definately charge... Doesn't say they can't run (though with guns like that how often are you going to run!?!?!). I'd let them.

4 - I say: Treat them as bikes.

5 - Lol... more vagueness indeed! Again, I'm with the bikes but it's up to you in the end.

hendybadger
12-02-2008, 21:57
2) would the necron get another gun to appear?

4) or like the scarabs? m8 and fly16. not sure what would work best. the may be more like the muties that can move 8 or run 16 in any direction. and can either fly or move+shoot

5) driver = driver destroyer = engines?

Emperors Teeth
14-02-2008, 08:13
5 - Back in the day when these rules were written, Destroyers that were wrecked in 40k (2nd ed) could have a Necron clamber out of the wreckage. That's where I was going with my thoughts.

trendkill
15-02-2008, 02:37
emperors teeth: i also can confirm that rule, it was in a white dwarf wasnt it?

hendybadger
15-02-2008, 05:33
5) but what charts to use or is it just destroyed?

carlisimo
16-02-2008, 03:57
You'd probably want to use the original 2nd edition rules... on a 1-2 the Necron pilot is hit, on a 3-6 the Destroyer is hit. In the latter case if the armor of 12 is beaten, the damage table pretty much goes weapon destroyed, speed reduced, 50% of turning out of control each turn, and three destroyed results with various levels of collateral damage.

If you kill the pilot but he comes back to life, he recovers control of the Destroyer! Yay!