PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Skaven Tournament list - HELP!

phaserburn
13-02-2008, 06:35
Army list are due now. Thanks for all the input guys!

ZeroTwentythree
13-02-2008, 12:21
Looks like a good list.

I think the swarms are worthless and the points would be better spent elsewhere.

Regarding the gutter runners, I think having 2 poison hand weapons each is too good to pass up.

Although alot of people disagree, I also feel the same way about the WLC. But since other people seem to think they're groovy, they must work sometimes. ;)

I'm not fond of stormvermin either, they cost so much vs. what they actually can do. Again, some people like them though, so that's your choice.

WageMage
13-02-2008, 14:09
Pretty good list.

Some changes should be made however:

Your BSB can not take a magic weapon and a magic banner.
Give him the Banner O/T Swarm, and jump him to wherever you outnumber.
Add 1 to all your slave units. (takes 5 kills now to panic them)
Add a couple of 2 strong globadier units.
Get in the way of 2nd turn charges, redirects, extra deployments, ...
Give the Warbanner to the StormVermin
Add poison to the Gutters, the only way you'll kill Dwarven crew.
What will your 5 naked Nightrunners do except cause panic?
They are not needed for screening anything in your list.

fubukii
13-02-2008, 15:12
looks good overal id give the warlock with the storm daemon the warpstone charm to reduce the chance of him killing himself, and id also give the warlord the weeping blade instead for overkill CR. ANd one last thing id give the tunnel teams posioned hand weapons ( maybe drop one clanrat off each unit so that when the character joins they still 30 strong?_

- bsb is illegal can not take magic banner and weapon.
- Give the storm vermin a magic banner, its one of the advantages they have over clanrats might as well use it, Umbranner and the warbanner would be good choices.

Wolfmother
13-02-2008, 18:13
four levels of magic is pretty feeble!

you need a grey seer! the bell is well gigles!

phaserburn
13-02-2008, 22:19
Hi all,

thanks for all the replies. I edited the above list

Few questions: Why the weeping blade on the warlord? Does this only work on models with more than one wound, or do the d3 unsaved wounds carry over to the unit?

Stormvermin: I hate them, I am using them as a missile magnet (hence the banner). I just don't have any more clanrat models painted, and could use the variety.

Rat swarms: I really want an unbreakable unit to hold up to act as a speed bump. Their skirmishing ability and fast movement has served me well.

I dont have a screaming bell, and tourney is 2 weeks away, so its not an option.

Only flexibility I have is to drop one WLC, swarms, and add some more rat packs, night runners, or small units of globes. I havnt had much luck at all with globes or weapon teams, so just left them off.

Please let me know what you think, I really appreciate everything so far!

Shamfrit
13-02-2008, 23:07
Note on the Weeping Blade; firstly, the extra STR can really help, making your Warlord a 2+ Wounder on standard rank and file such as elves and men. Which is good if the unit he is in is just wading straight into combat. Secondly, having a D3 Wounding weapon will mean you can potentially kill your opponent's Lord or Heroes in a challenge with only one unsaved wound, as opposed to your opponent needing 3, without considering your save and Ward, if you wish to take it. It's a much more versatile option over the Desolate Blade, which is just a straight +2 to strength which would only give him a tragically larger edge over, again, standard rank and file or elven heroes.

It's definitely worth considering. I'd also consider using the Warpstone Amulet, unless I overlooked something, the 4+ ward will definitely give either your Warlord a more stable defence, or the Storm Daemon wielding Engineer a better chance at saving the Lightning damage...but I can see the Charm being usable to avoid the Pfffting of the Daemon to begin with...so, I'm not sure about that.

Oh well, there's some cheese to nibble on for a while.

fubukii
14-02-2008, 00:55
Switch the banner of the swarm with the warbanner on the bsb, theres no point to it really, unless you already are using the warbanner. You get the same ocmbat rez only you dont have to outnumber. Your one warlock has to many points of magic items

Violadudester
14-02-2008, 02:37
The list looks great. Just switch the dispel scroll that is on the Warlock with too many points, to the one with just one dispel scroll. Problem solved. I also agree with fubukii on gettting a warbanner over the Banner of the Swarm, as it is a garunteed +2 CR from the BSB. Good luck and send me pics of the tourney...hmmmm that reminds me...:eek:

Jack of Blades
14-02-2008, 08:38
Don't forget that if you do outnumber, you basically get +3 to CR with the Banner of the Swarm (because you're also denying your opponent a point). Stick the War Banner on them in addition to that (on the BSB) and you've got a pretty decent missile magnet, which could be screened. It's also not too shabby in combat with ~8 CR. Support it with some Giant Rat Packs and you may well find this unit be somewhat useful at least.

ZeroTwentythree
14-02-2008, 13:43
As someone else mentioned, the +1 S on the weeping blades is already a good thing. But I have found that the extra wounds can end up making a huge difference in combat against anything multi-wound. Recent examples I've had have been heroes, plagueriders, ogres, chariots, trolls, and minotaurs. At first I thought I would just take the weeping blades for a "test drive," with enemy heroes in mind, but I have found they come into play more than I originally thought.