PDA

View Full Version : 2k Mortal Nurgle

Monsterzonk
13-02-2008, 17:03
I've just completed my first Green Stuff sculpt and so I decided to draw a list around the guy I've made. He's a Nurgle Sorceror on Daemonic Steed. I'll post some photos as soon as he's painted. For his retinue I wanted something less common, but you'll see...

LORDS

The Butcherman
Chaos Sorceror (lvl 3) with Mark of Nurgle, Chaos Armour, Daemonic Steed, Plague Body (ie. Crown of Eternal Conquest), Butcher's Cleaver (ie. Sword of Might)

HEROES

Count Vladimir Neskij
Aspiring Champion with Mark of Nurgle, Battle Standard: Plague Banner, Chaos Armour, sword

Gatrog the Sick One
Chaos Sorceror (lvl 2) with Mark of Nurgle, Chaos Armour, sword, Dispel Scroll

MORTALS

The Count's Guard
30 Chaos Marauders with hand weapon, shield, light armour, full command

Gatrog's Plagued Ones
30 Chaos Marauders with flails, full command

Plague Cart
Chaos Chariot with Mark of Nurgle

Nurgle's Fleshwagon
Chaos Chariot with Mark of Nurgle

DAEMONS

The Maggot Eaters
15 Plaguebearers

Corrupted Swarm
3 Nurgling bases

MONSTERS

The Tainted Ones
2 Plague Spawn of Nurgle

TOTAL: 2000 points

Monsterzonk
15-02-2008, 07:30
bump #1

C'mon, any comments? Please?

Yehoshua
15-02-2008, 08:13
I come from a standpoint of making the most competitive list possible with my Slaanesh mortals, but I presume that's not your goal here.

I am determined not to rain on this parade!
(plus the army looks like fun to play)

Putting a character in each of the marauder units will make them immune to fear and improve their leadership, that's good.
Two chariots are a good choice, especially to accompany the plaguebearers (i.e., adding 8 more US to get fear-causing outnumbers and cause auto-breaks).

If you wanted to make the list more competitive, you would basically add Nurgle Minotaurs as well as warhounds and/or Marauder horse and/or furies.
You would drop the spawn and trim the marauders with flails down to one or two units of 11-13 running at 6 wide, with no command, to serve as counter-chargers for your main block.
You might consider equipping your BSB with the armor of damnation and sword of might, as he's unlikely to get the charge off (where your banner would be most useful).
You might swap the crown of eternal conquest for gaze of the gods, as well.
I highly recommend putting the champ and sorceror on chaos steeds, as that +2 armor save can't be beat (and they'll fill an extra spot in the ranks).

Whipping this up in Army Builder at 1996 points, you can fit in the characters as described above, 28 marauders with LA/Shield/FC, 11 marauders with flails and no command, 15 plaguebearers, 2 Chariots of Nurgle, 3 nurglings (which could swap for 5 warhounds and 6 furies), 5 marauder horse with flails and musician, and 4 Nurgle Minotaurs with GW and light armor.

The Red Scourge
15-02-2008, 08:21
So what will keep people from shooting you up?

And why oh why will you waste 50 points on giving your spawn poisonous attacks. Statistically they'll move slower than the rest of your army, and a spawns main purpose is to be in the way of your enemy (i.e. they're unbreakable). In my opinion the only spawn marks which are worth something are tzeentch and slaanesh.

Your lords purpose defeats me. He's a sorcerer, yet you prepare him for close combat. Wouldn't he be better if you gave him a more direct focus. Either close combat or magic support?

Monsterzonk
15-02-2008, 08:36
This army is focussed on fluff and fun, so I don't care too much about effectiveness. I do appreciate your comments though!

Upgrading the Spawn to Plague Beasts costs 30 points in total. I could use those to get five hounds...

My Lord's magic items were selected mainly because of what I sculpted on the model. He's got a huge cleaver, which deserves to be a magic weapon of some kind, plus I like my characters to be able to wound Ethereal creatures and negate the saves of Forest Spirits and the like. Plus my Lord is very fat and bloated, which screams for Regeneration... But maybe I'll chage that for Gaze of the Gods, as Yehoshua suggested. He's Ld8 only, so I really risk having him transformed into a spawn, which (though certainly in character) is not quite what I'd like to happen to my 400-point Lord....

The Plague Banner again was added for fluff, but I see the point. I'll probably drop it in favour of the Armour of Damnation.

I'd really like to keep the big blocks of Marauders, though. We'll see...

So I saved 20 points from the banner, 30 from downgrading the Spawn. I could grab another 10 from changing the Lord's Sword of Might to a Biting Blade, giving me 60 points to buy two units of five Hounds to use as a missile screen for my infantry.

Any more thoughts? Thank you!

The Red Scourge
15-02-2008, 10:01
My Lord's magic items were selected mainly because of what I sculpted on the model. He's got a huge cleaver, which deserves to be a magic weapon of some kind, plus I like my characters to be able to wound Ethereal creatures and negate the saves of Forest Spirits and the like. Plus my Lord is very fat and bloated, which screams for Regeneration... But maybe I'll chage that for Gaze of the Gods, as Yehoshua suggested. He's Ld8 only, so I really risk having him transformed into a spawn, which (though certainly in character) is not quite what I'd like to happen to my 400-point Lord....

If you want him to totally indestructible. Why not give him the Armor of Tortured Souls along with the Crown and then make the cleaver a biting blade I'm really not that keen on magic weapons, except for those occasions of ghost daemons and spirits, as the effect really aren't worth it compared to extra units.

Jack of Blades
15-02-2008, 10:20
Sword of Might
Crown of Eternal Conquest
Armour of Damnation
Shield
Barded Steed/Daemonic Mount (if he's on a Palanquin or something)/On Foot

Regeneration, re-roll successful to hit rolls against him, good armour save.
This is about as survivable as you can make him :)

Monsterzonk
15-02-2008, 10:21
If you want him to totally indestructible. Why not give him the Armor of Tortured Souls along with the Crown and then make the cleaver a biting blade I'm really not that keen on magic weapons, except for those occasions of ghost daemons and spirits, as the effect really aren't worth it compared to extra units.

Well, I'm already thinking that 400 points on one character is quite a lot. I don't think that I'll make him even more expensive...

What would you guys think about adding 2x5 Hounds with the changes indicated above?

Monsterzonk
15-02-2008, 10:23
Sword of Might
Crown of Eternal Conquest
Armour of Damnation
Shield
Barded Steed/Daemonic Mount (if he's on a Palanquin or something)/On Foot

Regeneration, re-roll successful to hit rolls against him, good armour save.
This is about as survivable as you can make him :)

Sorry for double posting!

As he's a Sorceror Lord, I can't give him a shield. He's mounted on one of the (very) old Gorkamorka Mutie horses, which are no longe available (shame!). I count this as a Daemonic Mount.

The Red Scourge
15-02-2008, 10:34
What would you guys think about adding 2x5 Hounds with the changes indicated above?

Definitely better. The mutts are just perfect for dying.

Monsterzonk
15-02-2008, 10:54
Definitely better. The mutts are just perfect for dying.

Damn it! I see my money waving goodbye at the horizon... But then, when do those new plastic Dire Wolves come out? :evilgrin: