PDA

View Full Version : Put To The Test

DeathMasterSnikch
01-10-2005, 15:39
Ok so taht last PTTT was just wrecked.

Anyway I hope the idea carries on. Good idea it just went...wrong...

Muffin Man
01-10-2005, 18:47
Agreed, as has been the mentioned the entire point of that thread was to *stop* hypothetical arguments over hypothetical armies and instead actually try them out on the field.

Hopefully if it's done again, the after action discussion won't turn into something that gets locked.

Makaber
01-10-2005, 19:43
Yes, it was a shame it couldn't die a more dignified death. To all those involved in the post-game discussion: I hope you all realise what was tested was the list in question. Arguments about how another general might have solved the task is largely irrelevant, since we tried to dissect the list, not the general behind it. Rest assured that both T10 and myself are rather good players, and about equally skilled, so the relative generalships shouldn't be too much of a factor.

It is, of couse, impossible to figure out once and for all what the best list in the universe is, both because of the tremendeous amount of variables involved, and because indeed, said list might not even exist.

That said, I found it fun to do, and I hope you all enjoyed T10's excellent blow-by-blow report of the action. I am not a stranger to repeat the experiment later on, if we find a list we deem ... interesting enough.

Pertinax
01-10-2005, 19:47
Remember that should this be run again, the thread starter can lock it at any point.

Maybe it should only be opened to allow the participants posting?

Brother Edwin
01-10-2005, 20:04
As long as nurgle boy and the poster with the race car dont post it will be OK.

If you want I will do a put to the test of my VC vs my skaven?

Pertinax
01-10-2005, 20:11
Allow me to ellaborate. The participants should be allowed to post, including the people who have the army lists up for testing.

It just needs a bit of coordinating, that's all. You need one guy who will run it, who all posts are sent to, and then he posts the texts sent to him by the respective people, clearly marking who he is posting for.

Hywel
02-10-2005, 01:01
I think half the fun of them is the audience participation and it doesn't really warrant strict measures.

All it requires is people who can remain calm, polite and sensible.

clangerman
02-10-2005, 18:51
It would be better if there was a report thread and a discussion thread. Seemed a bit clogged up last time but a nice idea all the same.

Anyways, Brother Edwins lists arent really his, that chaos dwarf army type has been about since... well since we first seen ravening hordes. He seems to be getting a lot of bad press, when its not really his fault.

Griefbringer
02-10-2005, 20:47
For the variety, it would be of interest to see a list made by a different author in different episodes of "put to test".

What about running an open competition for finding a suitably "interesting" list - of course that should be done by the T10 and his jolly crew, once they actually again have enough time for this sort of a thing.

Makaber
02-10-2005, 22:37
As long as there is Warseer, there will always be silly, one-sided list. T10 and myself might do another one if we find something we deem worth of our attention, and we will not be forced by the public. Anyways, you can't make a list come to the test, the test has to come to the list ... or something.

LordPomposity
02-10-2005, 22:54
I apologize for my behavior in the last thread. My comments seemed witty to me at the time for whatever reason, but they were just stupid.

In the meantime, it would be interesting to have a discussion of what tactics normal lists can use to defeat these lopsided lists (or at least prevent a massacre), rather than the "Whereas Mine List Be Superior to Thine And I Art The Better General, I Shalt Win in All Things" we had in the last thread. Such a thread would of course be entirely dependent on peoples' abilities to let the trolls lurk under their bridges in peace until such time as properly equipped Troll-hunters can extricate them, which I can do this time. Once more, sorry about the last thread.

Brother Edwin
02-10-2005, 23:34
I think I should just give you a list to test.

T10
03-10-2005, 08:02
Many are called but few are chosen.

-T10