PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect DLC on the way.

Stormtrooper Clark
14-02-2008, 15:18
The first DLC for Mass Effect called 'Bring down the Sky' will be released on March 10th for 400 Microsoft points.

Screenshots:
http://masseffect.bioware.com/gallery/#gal-screens

Typheron
14-02-2008, 15:27
But what is it? new missions? or just a bunch of desktop pics?

NvM Wiki has the answer:
"Bring Down the Sky includes a new uncharted world that introduces the notorious and feared alien race of the Batarians. A Batarian extremist group has hijacked a mobile asteroid station in the Asgard system, setting it on a collision course with the nearby colony world of Terra Nova. Only Commander Shepard can save the millions of innocent civilians before the asteroid completes its deadly descent." Bioware has stated that the adventure should take 90 minutes to complete.[25] A new Achievement worth 50 Gamerscore points will be included as well.

The Laughing Man!
14-02-2008, 23:28
TBH that sounds pretty poor, I'll probabley still download it but I was hoping for more.

Dirty Fingers
14-02-2008, 23:49
i'd like to add that i've seen some screenshots of the Batarians and all, and the shots i've seen look like cutscenes, which suggest that this SHOULD be a little more than a bland side mission....i hope.

as a side note, how will this work if i'm in the middle of my second playthrough as the same character? can i play this extra mission? do i have to wait until i've finished the game again?

The Orange
14-02-2008, 23:53
which suggest that this SHOULD be a little more than a bland side mission....i hope.

I certainly hope so, Mass Effect has more then enough of those bland side missions. Don't know if I'll d/l it though. I don't like not having a hard copy of something, and it'll be taking up space in my HDD which is small enough already.

Dirty Fingers
15-02-2008, 00:18
whelp, here's the "cutscene looking" screenshot i was talking about. it's the top two pictures, the one on the right. also gives a nice look at these new batarians for those who haven't seen them.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/masseffect/images.html?tag=tabs;images

Wraith
15-02-2008, 07:13
90 minutes? Sounds like it's really for the hardcore mass effect fans...

The Laughing Man!
15-02-2008, 12:21
I certainly hope so, Mass Effect has more then enough of those bland side missions. Don't know if I'll d/l it though. I don't like not having a hard copy of something, and it'll be taking up space in my HDD which is small enough already.

Thats a good point I only have about 6G left. I really need to get an elite but I really don't want to lose all my saves so its a bit of a bugger.

Typheron
15-02-2008, 13:42
you know you can get a cable to transfer the contents of the hard drives right?

Wraith
15-02-2008, 14:00
Thats a good point I only have about 6G left. I really need to get an elite but I really don't want to lose all my saves so its a bit of a bugger.

Yes, you can order a cable from Microsoft which will allow you to transfer the data from one xbox hard drive to another.

I see you live in the UK so here is the link (http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/datamigration-usingyourelite.htm)you need.

The Laughing Man!
15-02-2008, 14:22
Wow I didn't know that, thanks.

LordFulgrim
15-02-2008, 17:09
Sounds interesting but I hope it's bigger than just another uncharted world. I was mad enough to go to every single planet for all the achievements but it got really boring really fast. 90 minutes isn't much...

vampking111
08-04-2008, 20:24
sorry to revive a dead thread, but i downloaded this and it doesnt take 90 mins to complete.
I'd run throught it in about 40mins.

Damien 1427
09-04-2008, 06:43
Yeah, it took me about an hour to do every single thing on it.

It was fun, but felt like an Unknown World with cutscenes.

Count Zero
09-04-2008, 08:16
how much is 400 points in 's?

i am really enjoying ME so far, have played about 30hrs, and still got a few side quests and a bit of the main story left to go so feel i have got my monies worth on the main game, esp as i may play it again as a paragon.

edit: ok i checked, looks like 400 pts is just under 4. thats not bad, even if the extra quest only take 1 hr to complete.

comapre that to say old pc game expansion packs, say like ep1 or the older HL1 ones etc, they didnt take too long either and were about 20 to start with, so at the at rate could have 4 ME DLC's like this for the money.