PDA

View Full Version : Asarnil the Dragonlord and his Ogres

oCoYoRoAoKo
14-02-2008, 23:47
Hi all,

i have a campaign coming up and so ive entered with my ogre kingdoms. the main reason for this is that i couldnt get my double-dragon elves done in time but i still wanted to use one of my painted dragons. then i realised that i could still use it in the form of Asarnil the Dragonlord :D

For those of you not familiar with him, hes a dogs of war high elf noble on a dragon, with what is the equivalent of sacred incence (he also takes up 1 rare and 2 heroes in non-dogs of war armies). For this i can either go MSU, as ogre players usually do, or go for the "deathstar" style list (ive chosen to go deathstar for the time being) anyways on to the list:

Asarnil: 460

Tyrant: 300ish (not sure on his items at the mo)

Butcher: 180
2 dispel scrolls

8 Ironguts: 419
Banner, Bellower, Lookout Gnoblar

3 Bulls: 105

3 Bulls: 105

2 Leadbelchers: 110

2 Leadbelchers: 110

Slavegiant: 175

this leaves me with about 20 points left. your help would be greatly appreciated to make this army work (and i do realise that ill probably have to go MSU to do it). also for the tyrant and butcher item combos i was thinking of something along the lines of skull mantle and deamonkiller scars for a terror causing Ld modifying unit (i dont have my book with me at the mo so cant remember if the mantle confers its bonus to the rest of the unit or not :P ).

Cy.

CarlostheCraven
15-02-2008, 05:22
Hi

Perhaps you need to be more familiar with him as well. Asarnil does not work for Ogres.

Cheers,
Carlos the Craven

The Red Scourge
15-02-2008, 07:30
Hi

Perhaps you need to be more familiar with him as well. Asarnil does not work for Ogres.

Cheers,
Carlos the Craven

Yeah. Damn those snooty elves and their racist ways.

Yet, there is a way to make an elven dragon riding lord work for ogres. It involves considerably amounts of firewood, a large cauldron and a clove of garlic ;)

oCoYoRoAoKo
15-02-2008, 10:39
well, for the purposes of this campaign i have been given permission to use him :D

Cy.

Malorian
15-02-2008, 16:00
Can any one say 'slave dragon' ; )

oCoYoRoAoKo
15-02-2008, 17:49
right, ive decided on the items for my tyrant and butcher.

Tyrant: Demonkiller Scars, 3 x Thiefstones, Heavy Armor, Great Weapon

Butcher: Skullmantle, Dispel Scroll

ive also added the warbanner to the ironguts unit with a lookout gnoblar.

with this combination of items in the ironguts they cause terror at -1Ld, have magic resistance 3, and on the charge get 9 S6 attacks, 5 S7 attacks, 3 S4 attacks, 4 S4(5) bull charge attacks and 1 S5(6) attack. this added to their combat res of 4 (1+1 for warbanner, 1 rank and outnumber) with an extra -1Ld to all tests should be able to flatten most things and take hits as well (with 3 wounds on each ogre).

Cy.