PDA

View Full Version : lizardmen hero help

soultaker87
15-02-2008, 04:28
Ok theres going to be a big tourny coming up for fantasy that I'm going to be playing in, but then rules are a 2000 point army with only one character in the army ( exceptions are the tomb kings and bretonnias) so my orcs were out of the picture because I need their generals leadership to help them out, ( mostly goblins) so I went with lizardmen. But, the problem is I don't know what leader and fighting tactic to go with. I have two list, the first is a defensive slann army where I pretty much blast the enemy away at a distance, or a Krog-gor fast attack army where I use speed to get to his hero first. but the problem is that the speed army has no anti-magic defense in case one of the players brings a wizard lord and my defensive army is way to slow and will probably get slaughtered againest ogres and bretonnia. so what seems to be the best tactic choice.

Oenghus
15-02-2008, 13:08
Having no magic defense is a Bad Thing, and as much as it pains me to do it, I think you should stick with the Slann. Turtle up in a corner of the board and practice setting up your skirmishers so that the softer flanks of the Bretts are exposed once they overrun. Blast them with enough magic that they -have- to come toward you.

Blech. It doesn't sound like much fun. Perhaps, though, marginally more fun than being dismantled by everyone with a magic phase.

Malorian
15-02-2008, 13:21
Between the two I would go for the slann because you know you're opponent can't have a lot of magic defense (unless it's khorne...). But if you want something else, I'd take the good old JSoD instead.

If you are worried about magic defense try giving your troops tepok.

Chaos Mortal
15-02-2008, 16:59
Slann every time if you are playing to win, if you are only allowed one character no-one is going to be able to stop you magic phase it will be a walk in the park in a way lol.

Fletcher
15-02-2008, 17:35
If you go for the slann there are always ways to slow down the opponent with mistress of the marsh and march blocking with chameleons/skinks. And with a BSB nearby on the slann big blocks of saurus will usually stick around from even a brettonnia knight charge.

If you go for the kroq-gar list then you could always try and give your saurus the blessing which grants extra dispel dice to give you some defense and your saurus cavalry will only count as core choice because of kroq gar.

Just some ideas. I would go with slann personally but i think kroq-gar on carnosaur would be a lot more fun.

soultaker87
16-02-2008, 03:39
hmm slann, does seem to be a good idea. sure Kroq-gar would be fun but the only dispel dice I get would be 2, also I have no saurus warriors in that army because they are just too slow for that army. and I never put tepok on a unit of saurus warriors (only on my characters) its too many points for a unit for one dispel dice. so I'm going for the slann, thx all.

Conotor
17-02-2008, 02:55
Take an oldblood on carnosaur. Kroq gar sux. Alternatively, you could put him on a cold one for near immortality with quetzle, la, enchanted shield, and aura of quetzle.

One mage will barely hurt u, and most people will go for a general anyways.