PDA

View Full Version : Savage Orcs and Animosity

sneroplex
15-02-2008, 09:12
I'm sure many of you are familiar with these rules but I'll go over them for those who aren't.

Savage orcs have the frenzy rule which states that if there's a unit within charge range, they must charge it whether you want them to or not. O&G in general have the animosity rule which takes place at the start of your turn (before charges are declared). If the animosity roll is a 1 the unit 'squabbles' and cannot move shoot or declare charges.

So my question is, if savage orcs roll a 1 and squabble but there's a unit within charge range, do they still have to charge it or do they sit there and bicker amongst themselves? This could work both ways, usually you want your guys to charge but if somebody was trying to bait your frenzied unit and they squabble it could save them.

Chiungalla
15-02-2008, 09:24
They can not charge.
Since they cannot move at all, there will be no unit in range.

Braad
15-02-2008, 10:13
Just to add a second opinion, I totally agree with Chiungalla :p

I don't have my book at hand, but IIRC it says something like, that they cannot move if they roll a 1, and a charge is also a move, so they cannot perform one.

Now, all I have to do, is hope that it actually says so in the book... But I think it does.

T10
15-02-2008, 10:27
They can not charge.
Since they cannot move at all, there will be no unit in range.

Indeed. Frenzied units do not charge just because there are enemies within M x 2 inches. Only if they can actually reach the target do they charge.

-T10

sneroplex
15-02-2008, 19:32
Thanks guys. That's how I've been playing it but I just wanted to make sure in case I came up against some kind of frenzy baiter that insists my guys charge.

T10
15-02-2008, 22:16
Yeah, watch out for those.

-T10