PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Point Savage Orc Huntin' Party!

Nurgling Chieftain
15-02-2008, 18:42
2000 point Savage Orc hunting party!

Lord
(131) Savage Orc Warboss General w/ Great Weapon
Evverbuddy lissens to dis guy on accounta im bein really loud.

Heroes
(150) Savage Orc Big Boss BSB w/ Banner of Mork (+1 dispel die per rank)
Dis is da lucky banner what gets us inta da fight. Den da boss carryin it dies, an it gets picked up by da next biggest boy fore da nex hunt. Uh, mebbe dis time'll be differen.

(152) Goblin Shaman, 2nd level, w/ Wolf, 2 dispel scrolls
Day say me n charge o da ovver goblins, Mork alwayz tellz me wat dey should do, but nobbuddy lissens.

Core
(273) 27 Savage Orc Boyz w/ Spears & Full Command
Da flag boy goes ere fer extra luck.

(255) 25 Savage Orc Boyz w/ Spears & Full Command
Dese boyz ain't too bright an'll stab anyfing in front o em, so it's reel importan' to not be in front ov em.

(76) 5 Goblin Wolf Riders w/ Short bows, Spears & Full Command
We iz the key to huntin. If its small and runs we chase it inta da boyz pointy sticks. If its big an chases us we leads it inta da boyz pointy sticks. If it ignores us we shoots it til it does sumpin or stops movin. Releeze da hounds!

Special
(60) Goblin Wolf Chariot
(60) Goblin Wolf Chariot
Dese guyz like smashin inta thangs. Makes em feel strong like da boyz, but dey don usually survive da eksperience.

(105) 5 Savage Orc Boar Boyz
Dey claim deyz ridin em but I fink dere jus hangin on.

~4 Power dice, ~6 dispel dice, 2 scrolls, 132 models
433 points characters, 1342 points core, 225 points special

Jack of Blades
15-02-2008, 18:51
You're the best :D! those unit descriptions were top-notch.

While I certainly understand the point in not kitting out a character, I really believe that Lords should be kitted out. Heroes, maybe not... but your lord? yeah.

Well that was all I had to say :)

Nurgling Chieftain
15-02-2008, 19:14
Thanks! I had fun with it. :)

Oddly enough, the lord was kind of an after thought; notice that he's the cheapest character. In my original army conception the goblin shaman who nobody listens to was the general! After all, Ld9 is a lot more useful to units that aren't frenzied...

So, if I did kit out the lord (I'm thinking amulet of protectyness and armour of gork - the great weapon is fine if he actually gets to swing it), what do you think I should drop?

Chaos Mortal
15-02-2008, 19:17
im not sure what you should drop but definatly kit him out, porkos pigstikka and a chariot or boar is a nice combo, then some defense (may be hard due to the fact we have 2 magic armours lol) and a nice ward save.

Nurgling Chieftain
15-02-2008, 19:48
No way am I putting a frenzied warboss on a mount, that's just asking for trouble. :D

Jack of Blades
15-02-2008, 20:09
Thanks! I had fun with it. :)

Oddly enough, the lord was kind of an after thought; notice that he's the cheapest character. In my original army conception the goblin shaman who nobody listens to was the general! After all, Ld9 is a lot more useful to units that aren't frenzied...

So, if I did kit out the lord (I'm thinking amulet of protectyness and armour of gork - the great weapon is fine if he actually gets to swing it), what do you think I should drop?

Wolf Riders probably. They're one of the kind of unit that isn't too small or too big unless the model count is 8+ :)

I would probably take: Martog's Best Basha, Effigy of Mork and because I don't have the book and there doesn't seem to be a scan of it out yet, I don't know what else... though the Ironback Boar seems to cause Impact Hits and I'm a huge fan of those, so I'd probably take it if I could. Perhaps put him with the Savage Boar Boyz, screen them with something and let's roll! Btw, might wanna bump the SOBB's to 6?

This is of course my idea, and it makes them quite a pincushion - though a nasty unit. gl hf

truthsayer
15-02-2008, 20:28
Id drop one unit of wolves and one unit of lads with spears, you dont really have any strength in the list - everything will just "get on" but not break anything.

possibly add a couple of snotling pump wagons for more ramming, a boar chariot to soak up some fire (and keep it off yer wolf chariots), effigy of mork and best basha will do nicely on the warboss to keep his points down, dont forget his 6+ ward already (a 6+always saves for me, a 1+ does not!)

make the boars big uns if poss and increase to 6, then watch em steamroller stuff!

a bolt thrower would be nice for a laugh and yer set!

Shamfrit
15-02-2008, 20:36
Amulet of Protectyness, armour problem solved.

Nice list otherwise, certainly not heard of.