PDA

View Full Version : New VC Skellies, handweapons or spears?

Heimlich
16-02-2008, 00:25
Well, with the new Vampire Counts coming out it is time to dust off the old ones.
But before I start building anything, I just want to know if hand weapons or spears would be better for skeletons.

E-616
16-02-2008, 00:29
I personally prefer hand weapons for the combination with shields and light armour allows the Skeletons to take less damage while a Vampire deals out damage :)

Chiron
16-02-2008, 00:29
Hand Weapons, your skeletons wont kill much even with spears while the HW&S will save more than a few to draw out combat and whittle down the enemy

Crazy Harborc
16-02-2008, 00:35
I like to rotate my choices. It all depends on who/what my opponent is pushing. I like to have some choices. I like giving an opponent a surprise.

Heimlich
16-02-2008, 00:38
Thank you for your input, I'll have to agree with you on that one. While +5 attacks is nice, a 4+ armour save does come in handy when you are trying to win combat and outnumber.

Heimlich
16-02-2008, 00:39
I like to rotate my choices. It all depends on who/what my opponent is pushing. I like to have some choices. I like giving an opponent a surprise.

I agree with that, but I don't really want to purchase enough skeletons to have that diversity.