PDA

View Full Version : "Ground Control: Need help."

John Wayne II
16-02-2008, 00:09
Hey people. I'm currently playing Ground Control, great game (better than the sequel) and I heartily recommend it (you can find it for free on teh internets!). Anyway, I'm stuck. I'm nearing the end of the game now, just 3 missions to go. I'm at C013, where I have to defend a base against an onlaught from the Crayven forces. The problem is that I keep getting massacred. Oh sure, I take quite a few of the bastards with me, but in the end most of my units lie dead and before I know it my Command APC is blown to smitherens before the Air cavalry arrives (gotta love Attack Aerodynes). And is it just me or is the Order of the New Dawn's APC weaker than the Crayven equivalent? It's just seems to die easier. :skull:

Anyway, any advice is welcome. If you can't give advice, don't worry, we can just chat about the game, which everyone will have played of course because it's FREE. :D

Wintermute
16-02-2008, 07:37
Try this (http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/914166/22434).

If it doesn't work just Google Ground Control Walkthrough.

And if none of those work I have a copy of the official Prima Ground Control game guide, somewhere, which I bought when I paid for when the game was first released in 2000 :eek:

RavenMorpheus
16-02-2008, 13:53
Try here (http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/data/914166.html)

John Wayne II
16-02-2008, 15:36
Ok, I've completed that mission, just about. Most of my units were utterly destroyed but at least I've made it. Will see if I can make it to the end.

kyussinchains
16-02-2008, 20:38
Try this (http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/914166/22434).

If it doesn't work just Google Ground Control Walkthrough.

And if none of those work I have a copy of the official Prima Ground Control game guide, somewhere, which I bought when I paid for when the game was first released in 2000 :eek:

was that eek face in reference to the fact that you paid for a game which is now downloadable for free?

if so dont check out home of the underdogs! I spent a good few hours on there when I first discovered abandonware crying in anguish when I found another free game that I paid 30 for when it first came out.....

Wintermute
17-02-2008, 06:58
was that eek face in reference to the fact that you paid for a game which is now downloadable for free?

No, it was there because of the realization the game is so old.

John Wayne II
17-02-2008, 15:15
Ok, I've finished the whole game. The last two missions seemed easier than the one I asked helped with IMHO, which is a bit strange really. Really, really liked this game, and now I've found out that there's an expansion, Dark Conspiracy. Does anyone know how I could get my hands on a copy? Apparently, if you have the original GC you can get a copy for free, but that's for the retail version that was released ages ago, surely they could just release it as a free download like they did with the original game? I would gladly buy it if I could as well, but I haven't seen it in any of the shops where I live (Canterbury). Any help is thoroughly welcome.

Wintermute
17-02-2008, 16:34
I don't know if Dark Conspiracy is still available. I do know its much harder than Grand Control and I couldn't finish it.

And no, I no longer have a copy :cries:

kyussinchains
18-02-2008, 11:30
is this (http://www.softuk.com/PC_Video_Games_Product_View.asp?ProdID=PCUKGCON1) what you're looking for?

that's the original game plus dark conspiracy for a mere 4.....

if you're not in the UK though I'm not sure.....

Kaze
18-02-2008, 15:19
Congratulations on finishing Ground Control (for me still the best RTS to date). I had the same feeling you appear to have experienced: the last two missions of the game aren't hard. Personally it was because I mastered the art of using artillery with blind-fire.

As for Dark Conspiracy... I can just confirm Wintermute statement. It's hard... really hard. I didn't have much patience for it when I got my hands on the game, but merely got to the 5th mission, IIRC.

As for being better than the sequel... they explore different ways of playing an RTS. They are the two top spots on my list, so don't have anything to say about it ;)