PDA

View Full Version : 10th Doctor (Who) confirmed

Wintermute
17-04-2005, 21:03
For Baggers and the other Doctor Who fans, the BBC announced on Friday the actor replacing Christopher Ecclestone as the Doctor (http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/series.shtml).

Hopefully this Doctor will stay around for more than one season :p

plasmadaemon
17-04-2005, 21:09
he looks too, er, young :(

Marsekay
17-04-2005, 21:12
Damn! I wanted that role!!!!

Shuya
17-04-2005, 21:14
How long is he planning on doing the show?

Wintermute
17-04-2005, 21:30
How long is he planning on doing the show?

I think we can say with some confidence at least the last episode of the current season, the Christmas Special and the next season ;)

Cypher
17-04-2005, 21:30
Ok Im confused: when the story about Eccelston quitting broke it was quite clearly an April Fools joke, the amount of links provided by the BBC website established that. But the story was actually true?

Too much for my brain.

Wintermute
17-04-2005, 21:48
Ok Im confused: when the story about Eccelston quitting broke it was quite clearly an April Fools joke, the amount of links provided by the BBC website established that. But the story was actually true?

Too much for my brain.

Yes the story was true, not an April Fools joke at all. To make matters worse the BBC had to apologise to Eccelstone for fabricating quotes attributed to him regarding the reasons why he quit.

Baggers
17-04-2005, 23:15
For Baggers and the other Doctor Who fans, the BBC announced on Friday the actor replacing Christopher Ecclestone as the Doctor (http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/series.shtml).

Hopefully this Doctor will stay around for more than one season :p

Oi I knew that he was going to be the Doctor as soon as the Eclestone announcement was made.

EDIT: He has always wanted to be the Doctor, as it was the reason why he became an actor, so I would say at least three years.

Kohhna
18-04-2005, 00:12
I could think of worse people. Eccleston, as good an actor as he is, Lacks something. He is a great actor but the whole manic act doesn't convince, though he has a bloody good stab at it.

Having another stab at it with a younger less well known actor could work out ok for the franchise, I'm sure Russel Davies wishes this was the route he had gone in the first place.

And so whaif he is young, Peter Davidson was pretty young when he did it and he did well in the role (as was colin baker, er hang on........).

salty
18-04-2005, 19:19
Well, he looks a bit young, but then thats why they rejected me :D

He has been good in Casanova, so it could work.

Salty :)

TheSonOfAbbadon
18-04-2005, 19:25
It seems like each incarnation is getting younger and younger than the first.

I bet the final one [the 13th] will be about 13 years old.

plasmadaemon
18-04-2005, 19:34
*imagines a 13 year old with an 19 year-old girl companion*
uurgh

VanHel
18-04-2005, 19:41
I want to be the final doctor. Yes, a dorky, blonde american dr who. That'll **** off everyone nicely.