=165pts
Eternal Guard (15)=> Eternal, Standard, Musician
=210pts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
RARE
Waywatchers (5)=> Shadow Sentinal
=128pts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok this is just the first run, and my first try of a wood elf list, here's a link for the nobel (http://photobucket.com/albums/a177/Adreal_the_Immaculate/Wood%20elf%20Lord/). Anyway, I was going to buy the battalion box, that gives me my core troops and 4 extra glade guard, which I'll convert into 4 waywatchers, so all that is left is the other characters and my special troops (going to use the Waywatcher Lord as the Shadow Sentinal)

TACTICS
Ahh the fun stuff, what I was thinking is running my glade riders up the flank and hopfully take a few war machines before they die or are needed for flank/rear charges. The Waywatchers, shall hopefully scout near some warmachines/lone wizards and take them down. The Eternal Guard will most likly move forward with the Wardancers and Dryads on each of the flanks, hopefully the combined charges will be enough to see off any threats. The Archers shall hopefully be on a hill giving covering fire and protecting fire against fast cav.

branchwrath
04-10-2005, 16:54
I like it personally...It's so easy to fall into the trap of having no rank and file units in a Wood Elf list, but you avoided that with the EG nicely...

Asyendi's Bane however is risky, be careful with it.

And also, you can't have BOTH the Divination Orb and the Deepwood Sphere, since you can have only one of each item type.

adreal
04-10-2005, 17:07
I like it personally...It's so easy to fall into the trap of having no rank and file units in a Wood Elf list, but you avoided that with the EG nicely...

Asyendi's Bane however is risky, be careful with it.

And also, you can't have BOTH the Divination Orb and the Deepwood Sphere, since you can have only one of each item type.

EEEK, I noticed this like two days after posting, I dropped the Divination Orb for a dispell scroll.

I had a trial skirmish using the nobel, unit of dryads and the waywatchers against a skink chief, 15 saurus and 3 kroxigors today, was fun however....

Dryads did nothing, well that's not true, they charged the saurus (now at 11) cause one wound, but due to rank, standard and high ground the saurus won combat, broke and chased down the dryads.

Nobel did well, even beat of Kroxigors all by his lonesome, thanks to them both having great weapons the prolonged (3 turns) combat didn't matter, I lost my ward but then broke them the next turn without any wounds :evilgrin:

Waywatchers with the sentinal....they ruled, sure okay the smaller board size helped alot but they and they alone (spare the one kill from the dryads) took down the saurus unit, a wound off the skink chief and a wound of a kroxigor, I love them so very much

branchwrath
05-10-2005, 16:20
lol,

Sounds like I should invest in a unit of them myself.

adreal
05-10-2005, 22:28
well they are good, hopefully i'll get another test game to see how they perform, I relied on them alot (thier killing blow shot), this time i'll rely on maybe wardancers or the branchwraith/dryad combo....