PDA

View Full Version : I have the vc army book any questions?

yohanes13
16-02-2008, 23:21
as i say i cant see another thread like it but i have mine and am willing to awnser questions, btw corpse cart doesnt count as a chariot yay:)

Xavier
16-02-2008, 23:39
Yea, it seems the spearheads are being delivered early, so I have mine as well :)

And indeed, the corpse cart is just a M4 'Monster' :p

Bran Dawri
16-02-2008, 23:43
How about recasting? Does or doesn't it exist?
(Yes, I've been living under a rock)

Oberon
16-02-2008, 23:46
It does, but only for the "core spells"

Bran Dawri
16-02-2008, 23:51
It does, but only for the "core spells"

You mean the encromancy spells? Or a subset of those?

Xavier
17-02-2008, 00:38
Every caster knows Invocation, ala high elf drain magic, (even if they choose another lore with the forbidden lore bloodline ability.)

Danse, Invocation and Raise Dead, and classed as necromancy spells, each of these can be cast as many times as you have power dice for, and multiple times on the same unit.

The remaining spells of the lore are just normal spells.

Invocation is pretty much as it was, though only as far as restoring wounds to units, it can't be used to raise new units.

Danse now combines old Danse and Hellish Vigor.

Raise Dead is used to raise zombies.

Jack of Blades
17-02-2008, 01:16
What's the range on Unholy Lodestone for the Corpse Cart? does it stack?

That's pretty much all I wanted to know at this point :D

Sir Charles
17-02-2008, 01:49
Any significant background changes?

theunwantedbeing
17-02-2008, 01:54
What (if anything) in the army would you never bother taking?

As in items, powers, unit upgrades, etc
That'll be interesting to know.

As soon as I get my hands on the book I'm seeing if I can make the character I have been thinking of for undead for quite some time.

Jack of Blades
17-02-2008, 02:01
What (if anything) in the army would you never bother taking?

As in items, powers, unit upgrades, etc
That'll be interesting to know.

As soon as I get my hands on the book I'm seeing if I can make the character I have been thinking of for undead for quite some time.

I know you're asking someone with the book, but I practically have the book myself.

There is nothing truly useless imo, they've done that nicely with the selections. Though, I don't get the point in Ethereal. For an Ethereal Thrall, you can take 3 more Wraiths... and if you're casting Bear's Anger on him, then you have to pay the points for another character whos only role is to do that, and rely on not getting it dispelled. It's sub-par, but not entirely useless, though you'd be hard pressed to find a use for it.

What kind of character do you have in mind, then?

praesto
17-02-2008, 02:17
The base cost of lords, Varghulfs, grave guards and black knights would be lovely :D. I'd also really like to know the actual stats of the Varghulf.

Yade
17-02-2008, 06:34
What's the range on Unholy Lodestone for the Corpse Cart? does it stack?

That's pretty much all I wanted to know at this point :D

Jack the unholy lodestone has a range of 6 inches and all effects of the corpse cart are cumulative.

Nedar
17-02-2008, 06:43
Giving explicit point costs, or even giving them in a roundabout mathmatical way (x number of zombies in the old book for example) is prohibited.

I can say that the later two are the same as the old book in cost. The Vargulf is a little cheaper than the old Black Coach, and the New lords base cost is also the same as a count.

I don't think the above breaks any rules since you need the old book and it just confirms if stuff got a price change. But, if it does please edit/delete.

Admiral Samuel Eden
17-02-2008, 07:12
Yeh, what are the stats and point of the Varghulf exactly and the new blood knights.

t-tauri
17-02-2008, 08:56
Yeh, what are the stats and point of the Varghulf exactly and the new blood knights.Please do not ask for or supply point costs or stats. It is explicitly against site rules. Any more posts breaking site rules will bring moderator action.

Nineswords
17-02-2008, 09:12
Why not just wait for the book to come out?

The_Warsmith
17-02-2008, 09:25
Why not just wait for the book to come out?

:wtf: what is this wait you speek of?

Neknoh
17-02-2008, 09:51
I would like to know this... Vampires, Crumble or not? If not, then are they Unbreakable?

Gorbad Ironclaw
17-02-2008, 10:19
I would like to know this... Vampires, Crumble or not? If not, then are they Unbreakable?

Every model in the army is undead, so they all crumble.

ChrisAsmadi
17-02-2008, 10:58
Is it possible to make Blood Dragon and Strigoi-esque vampires?

Eg, martial warriors and feral vampires.

Oberon
17-02-2008, 11:01
Yes, very possible. All bloodlines are there, but not all bloodline powers. Lahmians got the short stick, I think.

yohanes13
17-02-2008, 11:03
strigoi have lost theier +1 strength power which i always liked:(

yohanes13
17-02-2008, 11:13
theres an awesome banner that gives all models in a unit regenatrate holy crap bung that in an infantry unit with a vamp and a corpse cart near by thats not gonna go down easy:)

Brimstone
17-02-2008, 11:14
We have already warned about breaching Warseer rules in this thread and since then I've had to take action against two other posts.

Because of that this thread is now closed.

The Warseer Inquisition