Chameleon Skinks
Stalker

Total=146

6 Calvary
Command

Total=260

TOTAL=2500

MY TACTICS FOR THIS ARMY:

Since all but 2 of the 8 skink squadrons have the Scouts special rule, i have the ability to sorround the enemy from the first turn. Also, since skinks move normally in many kinds of terrain, I can move and shoot through terrain without being charged. At least for the first turn or two. So, for the first 1-2 turn i get 180 shots, all of which poison and only 12 of which have a 6" range, rather than the 12" from blowpipes.

Also, I have two units of saurus warriors, calvary, and a temple guard. These will all help back up my units with close combat, and, more than anything, will keep my other units out of trouble and out of CC.

Having three casters is a very good asset to this army, especially since the Slann can use the LoS of my two skink priests, whom also have the Scouts rule. Therefore, I can get my Priests into places where they can use their spells, as well as the Slann's spells using their LoS.

On top of this, I have the chameleon skinks, which are so awesome they need no explanation.

That's my story.
=]

IronBrother
16-02-2008, 23:43
i think you need to re-write this list so that it is easier to use, also you may only have one CHARACTER with the blessed spawning of the old ones (not two). another blatant messup is that you may not have more than one of the same magic item, with the exception of dispel scrolls and power stones

KeeganKatastrofee
16-02-2008, 23:54
i think you need to re-write this list so that it is easier to use, also you may only have one CHARACTER with the blessed spawning of the old ones (not two). another blatant messup is that you may not have more than one of the same magic item, with the exception of dispel scrolls and power stones

HUZZAH!
haha

Removing the cloak of feathers and the blessed spawning gave me a whole 'nother unit of skinks

Granted, now two units are without scouts, who cares! I still have ALOT of skinks.

=]

Thanks

studderigdave
16-02-2008, 23:56
mark of the old ones is one per army, u also cant give it to a saurus block. save it for a scar vet.

KeeganKatastrofee
17-02-2008, 00:03
mark of the old ones is one per army, u also cant give it to a saurus block. save it for a scar vet.

It says on the Saurus rules you can give it to them.
And it's one per hero.
You can have it on a hero and a saurus unit.

KeeganKatastrofee
17-02-2008, 00:04
HAHAHA
I just realized all this will only cost me 300 bucks
And i'm getting 200 next weekend at Bizzare Bizzar
=D

Dead Man Walking
17-02-2008, 00:44
Have fun painting all those skinks, and moving them around the table.

KeeganKatastrofee
17-02-2008, 00:52
Have fun painting all those skinks, and moving them around the table.

Dude, I'm used to playing Tyranids

enough said

IronBrother
17-02-2008, 04:37
sorry to say that you are wrong, a unit of saurus may not take the blessed mark of the old ones, it reads as follows:
"(Only ONE Saurus character or Skink character may take the mark of the Old Ones per army).
May not be taken by a unit." pg 51 Lizardmen army book, so that frees up 35 more points.

KeeganKatastrofee
17-02-2008, 14:14
sorry to say that you are wrong, a unit of saurus may not take the blessed mark of the old ones, it reads as follows:
"(Only ONE Saurus character or Skink character may take the mark of the Old Ones per army).
May not be taken by a unit." pg 51 Lizardmen army book, so that frees up 35 more points.

Well, last night I decided to take it off of them anyway, because that clears the space I need for another squad of skinks.

Thank you for your help!

Conotor
17-02-2008, 16:37
Remove the skink priests. Add more sarri. 12 is way too small. 15 or 20 works well.

Id also add a JSOD. Take the steed of shadows for a 38" charge!

The whole "mass skink" thing gets old VERY fast. Id take out a few, maby end up with 4 units of 10. Then add some terradons and mabey another scar vet.

Also, your list is rather unorganised. Type out the skinks like this:

(Y) x (N) skinks: 6(N)

where Y is how many units u have and N is the number of skinks in each one.

IronBrother
17-02-2008, 16:55
how many skink models do you have? once you find that out make them fit into 3-4 units (no bigger than 15) with one of the units scouting, too many scouts and they wind up deploying in your deployment zone anyway. you can't take a slaan using it, but have you ever looked at the lustria army with Tenehuan. It is a pretty cool list with LOTS of skinks and they all have sotek. drop the spears on the saurus, that extra attack is not worth the loss of armour save.

IronBrother
17-02-2008, 17:05
also, if you are going to take a skink priest with the Old Ones, he should have the cube of darkness, so as to end a magic phase immediately (re-roll failures). otherwise there is no reason to take that on him. i would drop the flying skink priest and take a scar vet with the charm of the jaguar warrior, and great weapon. then you can roll once on the shadow lore with your slaan and take spell 1 and roll on a different lore for everything else (give the slaan plaque of tepok to accomodate for this)