PDA

View Full Version : Which type of Inquisitor are YOU?

Ninjaguiden
17-02-2008, 10:05
After reading Eisenhorn I'm very intrested in the internal politics of the inquisition.

I'm very keen to know what philosophy that you would follow and why (and also what order you would belong to)?

I consider myself an recongregator in the Ordo Xenos. My idea is to take whatever knowledge we can safely use from aliens to make the Imperium more powerful. To destroy xeno races without considering what knowledge we could gain is nothing else than heresy! Also, we should really combat threats such as the Orks and Tyranids before we go after (if we do so at al) the more social races (such as Eldar or Tau).l

So, post what philosophy you agree with and what order you would belong to and state why.

Discussing the different outlooks is what this is all about folks, lets debate:skull:!

Easy E
17-02-2008, 10:18
Ordo Hereticus- Istavaanian.

We must constantly test ourselves. Then, our guard will always be up, our senses ready, and our big guns will never tire. Only through adversity and challenge can we hope to evolve to face new threats. The galaxy only rewards the strongest, and we must constantly prove our strength over ourselves before we can hope to dominate the galaxy.

Colonel Puti
17-02-2008, 10:38
I would probably fall somewhere between Xanthism and Recongregationism - if I for some reason was still alive. I would definately have been declared Extremis Diabolus because of my doings with xenos species.

Ninjaguiden
17-02-2008, 10:55
Ordo Hereticus- Istavaanian.

We must constantly test ourselves. Then, our guard will always be up, our senses ready, and our big guns will never tire. Only through adversity and challenge can we hope to evolve to face new threats. The galaxy only rewards the strongest, and we must constantly prove our strength over ourselves before we can hope to dominate the galaxy.

Evolution and trial is indeed our greatest advantage in this galaxy brother.

I would probably fall somewhere between Xanthism and Recongregationism - if I for some reason was still alive. I would definately have been declared Extremis Diabolus because of my doings with xenos species.

Don't let thos blinkered puritan fools stop you fellow inquisitor, they can never see that what we do is nessecery for mankinds survival!

ChrisAsmadi
17-02-2008, 10:57
Amalathianism. Preserving the status quo.

superknijn
17-02-2008, 11:12
Monodominance. We must do everything we can to destroy the enemy without and within, as they will do everything to destroy us as well. Any reluctance in purging them, aids them.

Shadowheart
17-02-2008, 11:22
Of the factions detailed in the background, I'd favour Xanthism. Trying to shut out Chaos and the warp is never going to work, so you'd be better off accepting it and trying to make use of it. Fight the dark gods on their own turf (or sea of psychic energy, rather). And meanwhile have a potent weapon to use against other material enemies as well.

TzeentchForPresident
17-02-2008, 11:28
A variant of Horusianism I guess.

But why stop with having a human empowered by Chaos as the ruler of the Empire? I say we let Tzeentch himself be the savior of mankind! Too long have we let a corpse dictate our lifes, causing a 10 000 year of stagnation when we could have surpassed the Dark Ages level of technology.

Too long have the evolution of Mankind being stopped by this....cannibal that is sucking the lifeforce of humans whose only crime was that they were born with psychic powers, powers that should be used and nutured to be added to mankinds arsenal of weapons. With Tzeentch as our leader we will truly make the Galaxy ours and the Orks, Eldar, Necrons etc will be crushed like the insects they are. And mark my words we will not stop with this single Galaxy either, we have an Universe to rule...

DOWN WITH THE FALSE EMPEROR!!!!!

ALL HAIL TZEENTCH!!!!!

Grand Master Raziel
17-02-2008, 14:12
Thorian of the Ordo Malleus here. Aliens are a menace and all, but the greatest threat to the Imperium is Chaos. Fortunately, when times are particularly grim, the blessed Emperor can be reborn in physical form. Or something like that.

Imperialis_Dominatus
17-02-2008, 14:19
I'm an optomistic Puritan Thorian, probably not of any particular order (don't want to specialize, there's way too many enemies out there). The Emperor shall be reborn, and lead Mankind into a new era of supremacy; we shall cleanse the stars and give Abaddon the kicking in the danglies he's been begging for for ten thousand years!

Arhalien
17-02-2008, 14:22
*cough*
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118211&highlight=school+thought
;)

Imperialis_Dominatus
17-02-2008, 14:24
What's that I hear, Arhalien? Did you cough 'fearch sunction' or something? 'Searn functioch?' Or is it the Search Func- :eek:*yoinked by =I=*;)

Gen.Steiner
17-02-2008, 14:29
My Lord Gideon Syme is a Recongregator, although this is a fact known only to two people... ;)

Xgladar
17-02-2008, 16:05
ordo hereticus amalanthianism

brothers can you not see.we must strengthen ourselves from within,and all enemies without will fall to our superior numbers and firepower.

The Judge
17-02-2008, 16:14
My Inquisitor is a deeply radical Istvaanian, more of a terrorist than an agent of the Imperium, an enemy to it when other threats do not prevent themselves.

The Imperium's greatest accomplishments have always been in a time of struggle and war. If there is no war present, and stagnation begins to set in, it is the *duty* of my Inquisitor to create some.

Phunting
17-02-2008, 17:08
I'm mainly Amalanthianism, with some Xanthism thrown in for good measure.

I don't believe they're contradictory philosophies at all. I believe the only way to survive is the maintenance of the systems that have protected the Imperium for millennia. And like it or not, these systems include the fact that sometimes Chaos has to be used to fight itself.

Angelus Mortis
17-02-2008, 17:20
You would probably get more responses if you gave a short description of what each believes for those of us who havent read the books.

Chaplain Ark
17-02-2008, 17:28
where could i find out what each is?

sorry but im not that fluent in the inquisitorial politics.

CommisarMolotov
17-02-2008, 18:31
Mmmmm...I guess I'd be an Ordo Xenos radical recongregationalist. The current system, while solid and brutally effective, is simply too lock-step and wasteful of human talent and initiative to stand up indefinitely to the infinite predations of the Orks and Tyranids. While allowing greater individual latitude risks succombing to the taint of the Warp, it seems criminal to not properly utilize the full productivity and initiative of the entire human race...

Yeah, yeah, label me traitoris extremis. I'll happily go "rogue!"

CommisarMolotov
17-02-2008, 18:34
Here's a good Wikipedia article on the different philosophies:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquisition_%28Warhammer_40%2C000%29#Philosophy

Khornies & milk
17-02-2008, 20:47
Monodominant with a Recongregator bent here.
We must seek and and destroy ALL Enemies of the Imperium, and in the most brutal way possible, enforcing the will of the Emperor upon any who dare to stand in the way of His benevolent Masterplan for ALL of His people.
The Imperium does need to lift its game though, as it has become a bit bogged down with Political Redtape and corruption from within. It needs restructuring so it can once again be returned to its former Might, thereby continuing to smite the Enemies of the Emperor from an even stronger position.

Angelus Mortis
17-02-2008, 21:41
Here's a good Wikipedia article on the different philosophies:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquisition_%28Warhammer_40%2C000%29#Philosophy

There you go, now were talking. In light of this new revelation, I am solidly a Thorianist. Why you may ask? Because they're right. ;)

Ninjaguiden
17-02-2008, 22:14
*cough*
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118211&highlight=school+thought
;)

Perhaps a friendly mod could close this thread and we could all move over here?
Thanks for bringing this to my attention, the Inquisition has noted your favour.

Light of the Emperor
17-02-2008, 22:19
Amalathian. We must maintain the status quo for the Emperor's plan shall unfold as He sees fit.