PDA

View Full Version : [GorkaMorka] Tribal Paint patterns for Mobz?

trendkill
17-02-2008, 09:24
hey all,

ive just finished painting my mob, they look great but they also don't have much that makes them stand out from the crowd of orks so to speak, so i figured war paint could be the way to go...

anybody have any ideas in terms of patterns or designs for an orks face or something on their arm?

Emperors Teeth
17-02-2008, 20:59
White hand prints on the face like Sarumans Uruk Hai? First thing that comes to mind...

Cirrus the Blue
18-02-2008, 00:13
Dags are always a good way to go. (jagged triangle patterns) These work well on the jaw and on the shoulders. Something I did for warpaint on my older Orks was to have a big line of red going vertically down the front middle of the face.

If you have the old Ork codex, take a flip through and it should give you some good ideas. Even better, if you have the original 'Da Uvver Book' from GorkaMorka, this has even BETTER ideas! :D Checker patterns work well, too. Flame designs, glyphs, etc.

I'd reccomend drawing some up on a piece of paper first to figure out what you think looks best, but it does take a little imagination to get something that looks sufficiently awesome. Good luck!

- Cirrus

Plaguebeast
18-02-2008, 01:01
Well if you're going Gorkers, then maybe more savage looking glyphs/warpaint will be the way to go - i.e. axes, snakes, jaws, bones, skulls.

Plaguebeast

trendkill
18-02-2008, 01:17
nice idea's guys.. i was thinking possibly something like red hands or something to symbolize their war lust (more than normal orks :P)

i'll post some pics when done! :D

trendkill
24-02-2008, 11:13
ok ok so i figured out what i wanted to go with, i went with the orks all having red left hands and red down the right sides of their faces, what do you all think?

Cirrus the Blue
25-02-2008, 01:06
It's great! I like the simplicity of the design for it and it works quite well. :)

- Cirrus