PDA

View Full Version : [GorkaMorka] My Digga Gang Project[Pics]

trendkill
17-02-2008, 11:15
Hey all,

i started converting my Digga Gang after being inspired by the last thread. i already have a old Digga nob from back at release, so this is the first boy to be modelled.

to make it i used a marauder model combined with bits from the ork boyz spur. the hardest part of the conversion was really getting the moulded hand away from the gun itself.

so what do you think?

Cirrus the Blue
18-02-2008, 00:17
I think it's great so far! One thing I'd personally change would be the Chaos axe to an Orky one, but that's just my personal preferences. ;)

The old Ork sprue used to have spare guns without any hands you needed to slice them away from, and even included handles and triggers!!! *sigh* I miss that bit... Great work, though!! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your boyz! The Marauder bitz work fantastic with the Ork bitz for Digga conversions. :D

- Cirrus

Plaguebeast
18-02-2008, 00:59
Trend, I was going to do the same thing with my Marauders :P. So looks like we're going to have identical mobs in our little campaign :P.

Anyway, I like what you've done, but I would have to agree with Cirrus about the axe - needs a little 'orkification' :). Also, I think we'll need to find a way for the Marauder models to hold the monstrous (for 'oomies) Ork guns in two hands (without buying Catachans that is).

Cheers, Plaguebeast

trendkill
18-02-2008, 01:09
thanks guys! :D

well yeah now that you both mention it, it could use an ork axe, concidering all their weapons are scavenged or traded from orks.. so it'd be ok if the weapon looked too big etc..

i'll post more when they are done!

fattdex
18-02-2008, 08:45
Looks sweet, the gob is a bit huge though! I'd suggest cutting one from cardboard and GS-superglueing it into place.
My marauder bodies just arrived and I scored a decent ork bitz bag on the weekend, I might collect some more bitz before I begin.

trendkill
18-02-2008, 22:01
thanks fattdex,

i think i like the fact its huge.. the art depicited in digganob shows they are using weapons and armour obviously traded, and they are impersonating the orks.. so it kind of makes sense for their gear to be almost to big to use.

what im really looking forward to is getting a full gang going.. and then once theyve played a few battles, getting some of that cool tech they can get and modelling that.

trendkill
25-02-2008, 10:11
Hey all,

two more conversions done tonight. i present to you the digga mob's warggh waver zugtavius and the full time ganger dirka, no one has ever seen his face.

thoughts?

edit: just would like to add the next part of the gang im doing is the trukk.. so far, its been interesting. green stuff is great. pics soon!

trendkill
27-02-2008, 12:04
Ok so another night another bit of work done..

this time, it was all about making the trukk.

basically i used a marauder torso and driver legs/arms to make the driver, and green stuff and cardboard to make a tarp.

thoughts? it seems a lot of people are checking out the thread but not posting.. could be a bad thing. ah well this is fun anyway:D

Mr Feral
02-03-2008, 13:20
I'll post my opinon then ;)

Nice Diggas! I'm really liking the Trukk, especially with the canvas cover. Damn GorkaMorka looks tempting, too many projects at once... *mutters a lot*

fattdex
03-03-2008, 00:19
Yeah the canvas cover looks awesome, it is removeable yes? I think I will do something similar for my diggas with the new trukk, have it pinned at the back and onto the cab bar so that it can slide on and off.

Tommygun
03-03-2008, 00:27
It looks just like a Mad Max movie! Take an imperial guardsman and make him look like Mel Gibson.

trendkill
04-03-2008, 01:46
haha why thank you all :)

i've got 2 more digga's to model up and then the full gang is ready to be painted..

the canvas is removable yes, i thought it kind of needed to be, otherwise there is no way ill be able to fit those models in with those bases. the alternative is to make a "limo" truck and just extend the cover.no one ever said you couldnt do that!