PDA

View Full Version : Anyone recommend the Battlehive 2 Case?

Estavez
17-02-2008, 19:32
I have way too many minitures for 40k these days its annoying. Well OK maybe not, its the transporting. I have enough room for infantry, but not much for tanks. Anyway, I was looking around, and found the Battlehive 2 transport case. Looks huge and is only 15 more than a GW case.

So my question is, does anyone who plays 40k use one, and how good does it meet the needs of 40k models?

junglesnake
17-02-2008, 20:16
Is this the one from em4 miniatures?

Estavez
17-02-2008, 20:24
Yup, this one http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/Battle_Hive.html

Estavez
18-02-2008, 17:54
No one got any? How many figures can it hold?

junglesnake
18-02-2008, 18:28
I have to admit I would be interested too! Although if no one replies I will be seeing one in the flesh at Salute hopefully so will judge it then.

Another useful link for you Estavez is:
http://www.wargamesworkshop.com/ProductList.aspx?CatID=7&DivID=59&GrpID=603&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Cheaper but the only downside being that they don't seem to have have solid sides? I am contemplating making my own out a box-file(s) and a cheap shoulder strap bag.

Estavez
18-02-2008, 19:05
Good link junglesnake, thats the company I've actually ordered the battlehive 2 from. Though I am after some bigger storage really, as in apocalypse size armies. I had a 20k each apocalypse battle last weekend and needed more from for tanks. Is bad carrying tanks in plastic bags! The KR Multicases are really good, I cant stress how good they are. The card is really sturdy and works a treat. Just dont get it wet, but then when will you?

I looked over the dimensions for the Battlehive 2 though, and just dont get it. From the picture you get (there isn't any detailed pics of this case anywhere on the web!) you have a small 1" foam tray and a misc one for dice etc. But for the others, im presuming you just get two 1" trays, one 2" tray, one 3" tray and a 4" tray. And that they are all 24" long??? The picture for me is just misleading, seems to have bigger dimensions than whats quoted? So thats why i'm wondering how many figures it can take.

junglesnake
18-02-2008, 23:08
I did see another company at salute last year that did one on wheels! It was about 60 I think but it was more like a miniature suitcase than satchel etc! And if you have that many tanks . . . . .

I will try and see if I can find who it was.

chromedog
19-02-2008, 00:22
I've got the Battlehive 1 box and it contains my 2000 pt daemonhunters force quite well (with landraider, 2 dreads, and 2 mounted stormies units as well as several squads of GKSMs and GKTs, so 'd assume that the 2 would probably handle an ork horder without too much drama.

They are sturdy, and I've taken mine on aircraft without any issue, and it even handled the treatment by the baggage handlers.

unclejimbo827
19-02-2008, 01:24
I have it. It's a nice case, but I wish it came with more thin trays so I could fit more guardsmen in.

Templar Ben
19-02-2008, 02:10
How do those trays compare to Sabot?

Estavez
19-02-2008, 12:48
I have it. It's a nice case, but I wish it came with more thin trays so I could fit more guardsmen in.

How much can each tray take roughly?