PDA

View Full Version : VC item/power combos...

SuperBeast
18-02-2008, 00:26
Ok, I know only a few have the VC book at the moment, but just wanted to check something out here, wording-wise.
(Apologies if this is horribly premature, but I ant to check I'm wanting to read something that isn't there.)

Other than zombies, no VC unit can be IoN'd beyond starting strength.
There are specific bloodline powers that allow the vampire to use IoN to "increase units of [type] beyond their starting size".
Two magic items - Blood drinker and the Tomb Blade - can add wounds to a unit the carrier is with "as if IoN had been cast on them" and "following the rules given in the IoN spell" being the relevant wordings.
My question is this...
If a vampire is carrying either of these weapons and within a unit that they hold the relevant BL power for, can wounds caused by the weapon increase the unit beyond its' starting strength?

Yade
18-02-2008, 05:31
No because the bloodline power only allows the vampire to increase those units beyond their starting size via the use of the spell IoN.

Nedar
18-02-2008, 06:10
It would make sense, to me, that the Tomb Blade would make new skeletons regardless of unit size. It's supposed to be creating a skeleton out of the dead enemy, not really healing them (though the new blade functions differently IIRC, and don't remember the exact wording).

Blooddrinker should really be on a vamp in a unit better than skeletons IMO, namely GG. But it heals, so probably no here.

Can't wait to get my book >_<

Jack of Blades
18-02-2008, 06:42
Of course you won't need a bloodline power to use them.

SuperBeast
18-02-2008, 10:13
Cheers Yade.
'casting' being the word I wasn't seeing...