PDA

View Full Version : Memphis GT- The Big Waaaghh

Burning Star IV
18-02-2008, 01:49
So I've never been to a grand tournament or games day or anything of the sort, but I've seen that there will be one in Memphis, TN this summer. I'm seriously considering going, but Memphis is 410 miles away, and I want to be sure its worth the drive before I pack up my armies and make my merry way there. So basically, what do you think? worth it? yeah? no? why?

Templar Ben
18-02-2008, 02:45
Memphis isn't all bad. They may give tours of the factory so that would be nice because you can see what goes in to making a box of toys. What are the dates for that?

Burning Star IV
18-02-2008, 03:00
July 18-20. But I didn't see any mention of tours or anything. Basically I'm just wondering if it's enough fun to warrant driving that far, spending that much cash, getting lost in Memphis, etc.

Stealer
18-02-2008, 09:20
Go for it!

You wont know until you try.

MemphisMark
18-02-2008, 16:31
The Big WAAAGH is NOT being held anywhere near the Battle Bunker, but rather at the Cook Convention Center, which is downtown Memphis on the river.

There will be a three round doubles tournament being held on Friday night. On Saturday and Sunday there will be a Grand Tournament for both WHFB and 40k, which will be three battles on Saturday and two on Sunday. After Saturday's three GT games, there will be a parallel Blood Bowl and BFG tournament. There will also be a LOTR tournament, but it's Saturday morning only.

If you want to play, but not in the GT's, there will be both WHFB and 40k megabattles as well.

You can find out everything at the forum set up for it, here's the link (http://www.thebigwaaagh.com).

Burning Star IV, yes it will most definitely be worth it. This is the first time this is being held, and if it goes great, it might turn into an annual event.

If money is super tight, you could always stay on the recliner in my apartment. ;)