PDA

View Full Version : Rome: Total War issue

2_heads_talking
18-02-2008, 01:52
Hey,

I'm having a bit of trouble trying to play Rome: Total War.

I installed the game this evening, and also installed DirectX 9 to make it compatible. So far, all is good.

However, as soon as I try to play the game, it seems as though the screen works at double the size of my monitor, meaning that everything is extremely large and only allows me to see the left-hand side of the game screen.

Now, I don't know why this is occurring; the game used to play on this self-sae computer that I'm using now, and the only difference is an upgrade from Win2k to WinXP.

Has anyone seen this before, who can hopefully shed some light on this for me? Thanks in advance.

heretics bane
19-02-2008, 19:22
Yeah R:TW does seem to go pretty wacked up at, mine loses the map until your playing in a blue sea of static.

I think there are patches for it still out there?

Adiem
20-02-2008, 10:29
Patches are definitely the first thing to try; Rome:TW is a buggy beast.

Failing that, have you tried changing the windows resolution to that of the game's? Not sure what rome runs at, but I bet you could find out on the internet or just by trial and error - sounds like that might be what the problem is.

MooGG
20-02-2008, 10:42
Can you get to the options menu?

If you can, I believe you can change the resolution of the game there. Change it to the size of your computer monitor.