PDA

View Full Version : 3000pts Doom Beasts of Chaos.

-Grimgorironhide-
18-02-2008, 08:09
Heres my list made out to show the full power of the Minotaurs and Monsters.

General: Gharkaz the Doom Bull 279pts
-Great Fang
-Heavy Armour
-Mark of Khorne
-Shield

Lord 2: Doom Bull 237pts
-Great Weapon
-Heavy Armour
-Mark of Khorne
-Shield

Hero 1: Wargor 180pts
-BSB
-The Beast Banner
-Mark Of Khorne

Core 1: 4 Minotaurs (Generals unit) 281pts
-Command
-Light Armour
-Great Weapons
-Mark Of Khorne

Core 2: 3 Minotaurs (Doom Bulls Unit) 232pts
-Command
-Light Armour
-Great Weapons
-Mark Of Khorne

Core 3: 19 Bestigors (BSB's Unit) 303pts
-Command
-Mark of Khorne

Core 4: 4 Minotaurs 281pts
-Command
-Light Armour
-Great Weapons
-Mark Of Khorne

Core 5: 4 Minotaurs 281pts
-Command
-Light Armour
-Great Weapons
-Mark Of Khorne

Rare 1: 4 Dragon Ogres 316pts
-Light Armour
-Great Weapons

Rare 2: 4 Dragon Ogres 301pts
-Light Armour

Rare 3: Dragon Ogre Shaggoth 306pts
-Light Armour
-Great weapons

Total: 2997pts
So what do you think?
Cheers:D

Jack of Blades
18-02-2008, 08:58
Don't really see the point in the Beast Banner in the Bestigors when you don't have the Mark of Khorne.

You also have duplicate magic items which isn't allowed, except when noted & with Dispel Scrolls/Power Stones. Additionally, Doombulls can only take Magic Weapons.

The general's unit is hideously large, and so is the other Doombull's. You could make another unit if you fiddled with the Lords and dropped 4 minotaurs from the first Lord's unit and two from the second Lord's unit.

I'd drop like... a unit of Minotaurs and get the rest (or all of them) marked with Khorne, especially the Bestigor.

-Grimgorironhide-
18-02-2008, 09:09
True I 'll try that thanks.

kris_kapsner
19-02-2008, 05:16
The list is illegal. You can't put any extra magic items on a doombull other than one magic weapon.

-Grimgorironhide-
19-02-2008, 07:47
god dam I forgot, ok i'll have to modify it again.(sigh)

Jagosaja
19-02-2008, 08:41
The list is OK. Army based on minotaurs and such beasts always appealed to me. However, since I use such army myself, IMHO it is better not to give command to Minotaurs, because if they don't demolish enemy units on the charge, they have not payed off, so if you off take all commands I believe (not done the calculations) you could field another unit of Minos with Mark of Khorne, and add to devastation potential.

Yehoshua
19-02-2008, 12:35
Seems pretty dull - with no screens to serve as "blinders," all of those Frenzied units are simply going to charge whatever's in front of them.

Jagosaja
19-02-2008, 12:55
Exactly :evilgrin:

This army is functional, but is based around fluff which supports the idea of raging bulls on rampage, so constant uncontrollable charges seem to fit the idea. Although this army may lose severely I believe it is really fun to play with it. If frenzy does not betray the Minotaurs, imagine the destruction which will lay in their path :skull:

daa6
19-02-2008, 14:13
All well and good but you can only have as many Bestigors as you have Beast herds........
Also (from experiance) Mino's CAN'T have multiple combats !!!! regardless if they slaughter them or not, because of Bloodlust :mad: which SUCKS. (sorry) this as you can imagin, leaves them open, but would all even futher into your theme tho, Khorne + Blood, etc.
Didn't know Doombulls could ONLY have magic Weapons!!! wheres that???

or have i just not read that...:eyebrows:

Gerrok
21-02-2008, 04:42
Didn't know Doombulls could ONLY have magic Weapons!!! wheres that???

or have i just not read that...:eyebrows:

In the doombull entry it says that a doombull can choose a magic weapon up to 100 points (or something similiar), while all the other characters say they can choose magic items up to XXX points. I would assume that specifically limits them to magic weapons.

I would also suggest dropping the command from mino units. I can't think of many situations where having 1 extra attack from a champion would be worth more then having a full mino. In normal rank and file units it's a much better investment because the champ gets to always fight back, but in a unit without ranks this advantage is negated (either he's alive and gets to fight, or he's dead). The unit also becomes vurnable to challenge pony tricks, such as the annoyance of netlings or empire mirror.

The standard is also a double edged sword. It's nice to have that +1 combat res, but it's disturbingly easy to break minos with a well placed charge, and then it becomes easy VP's. And with minos you're either going to break small units that don't have any static combat res, or else you're going to need to break them with combination front/flank charges to negate ranks. There's very little in the middle, since you can't afford to bog your army down in drawn out combats where they can get a flank charge.

And I was always a fan of the slaughterer's blade on doombulls. Shattering chariots, chance of gaining back wounds, and enough -save to kill heavy knights.