PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Tzeentch 2k

Coridus
18-02-2008, 16:01
Hello!

This is my first HoC list, though it has been tweaked multiple times before I felt somehow satisfied with it. I just love Tzeentch in the fluff, him being the Great Schemer etc. Most of the Tzeentch lists I have seen have been lists geared solely towards victory, often including the snake-stick-eye, or a Lord with Staff of Change, Eye of Tzeentch and a Dragon. Following this beast were Exalted Champions on Discs and Knights, Chariots and warhounds. I did not want that. I wanted a list that would be fun to play, and my opponent would enjoy playing against it. When designing the list I had a few criteria I wanted to meet.

14+ Power Dice
Lord-level Caster
4 Casters total
Marauders
Big blocks of Marauders
Did I say Marauders?

I first toyed with the idea of taking a Lord, but when he started to cost about a quarter of my points, I took an Exalted Sorcerer instead. As we know, Sorcerers can't have the Lore of Tzeentch, so I went with the Lore of Death. I'm itching to test the combination of Doom and Darkness + Violet Fire...

I then took an Exalted Champion just to get a mobile spellcasting platform aka The Disc. The other choices were two Aspiring Champions, one of whom was a Battle Standard Bearer, while the other would get a chariot. An another chariot and a small unit of Knights would give me the required Power Dice.

And then I took the Marauders. 2 blocks of 20 with Full Command and a single block of 18 that would be joined by the Exalted Sorcerer. Supporting these, two units of five warhounds and a small unit of Marauder Horsemen.

Exalted Sorcerer of Chaos J'Kordis [319]
-Extra Magic Level
-Chaos Steed
-Dispel Scroll
-General
-Lore of Death

Exalted Champion of Tzeentch Eriomine [251]
-Halberd
-Shield
-Golden Eye of Tzeentch
-Disc of Tzeentch

Aspiring Champion of Tzeentch Nerek [221]
-Chaos Steed
-Battle Standard Bearer
-Gaze of Gods

Aspiring Champion of Tzeentch Erdrin [154]
-Halberd

Marauder Horsemen [71]
-5 Marauders
-Musician

Marauders [151]
-18 Marauders
-Light Armour
-Shields
-Full Command

Marauders [145]
-20 Marauders
-Flails
-Full Command

Marauders [165]
-20 Marauders
-Light Armour
-Shield
-Full Command

Warhounds of Chaos [30]
-5 Warhounds

Warhounds of Chaos [30]
-5 Warhounds

Knights of Tzeentch[182]
-4 Knights
-Musician & Champion

Chariot of Tzeentch [140]

Chariot of Tzeentch [140]

Models: 87
Power Dice: 15
Dispel Dice: 7 + Dispel Scroll

I welcome all opinions, and the list can (and probably will) change based on your opinions. I'd like to follow the points I laid down at the beginning of the post though.

Thanks in advance

Monsterzonk
18-02-2008, 16:48
To be honest: I don't see anything you should change. You've got really good magic, solid blocks of infantry and good counter chargers. I think, this list is exactly what you wanted to achieve. :)

TIZNE
18-02-2008, 18:04
Amazing list!

How about increasing those two units of marauders from 20 to 25, and deleting the unit of 18? Then you could get enough points to upgrade your knights to chosens, or mounting an aspiring into a chariot, but not sure about the numbers...
A Tzeentch sorcerer on a chariot casting yellow or orange fire works wonders for me.

Coridus
19-02-2008, 12:10
Good points, even though I already have a single Aspiring Champion in one of the Chariots... Maybe I should have been clearer on that. I also thought about bumping the two Marauder blocks to 25, and dropping the flail-wielding Marauders to unit size 10, so that they would act as a flanking guard unit for the two blocks. Other things I had in mind were a unit of Screamers, which would take the place of a single chariot...

But I like the mortal theme, so I am not sure.

TIZNE
19-02-2008, 15:56
Those are good ideas, but IMO marauder horsemen are excellent at guarding a flank, or as a detachment, so personally I would take them over a small unit of marauders on foot.

The screamers are great, but I think that chariots work better in pairs, so I don't know what to recommend here. Only Trial and Error.

The Red Scourge
22-02-2008, 06:46
Don't you EVER pay 20 pts for a chosen knights champion!!!

It gives you 1 extra attack (which means a chance of absolutely nothing), compared to a standard which will give you a certain +1 combat resolution.