PDA

View Full Version : confused lotr player!

twisted_angel
18-02-2008, 20:23
[edit]

I did have a rather long question about how legions can be used with the rulebook however I have finely figured it out (i hope) so will explain on here for others.

legions is used in conjunction with the rulebook so use legions to construct army lists but then use the points value and profile that is in the rulebook, any that are not in the rule book use the points value in legions and http://us.games-workshop.com/games/lotr/legions/gaming/profiles/default.htm to find the profile taken from the sourcebook. Now I belive also that the books that have been released after the rulebook take presidence over any of the profiles in the rulebook, so use them!

I hope this is correct, cos its messing with my mind lol

this would mean aragorn, king elessar uses profile on the website and the points in the legions? is this correct?

now for a question that I hope someone can answer, which books sup/journeys were released AFTER the rulebook?

thanks in advance!

Rodman49
19-02-2008, 06:24
[edit]legions is used in conjunction with the rulebook so use legions to construct army lists but then use the points value and profile that is in the rulebook, any that are not in the rule book use the points value in legions and http://us.games-workshop.com/games/lotr/legions/gaming/profiles/default.htm to find the profile taken from the sourcebook. Now I belive also that the books that have been released after the rulebook take presidence over any of the profiles in the rulebook, so use them!

I hope this is correct, cos its messing with my mind lol

this would mean aragorn, king elessar uses profile on the website and the points in the legions? is this correct?

Yes, Legions gives you lists of available choices. Stats are in rulebooks/sourcebooks. Newer stats and points from newer sourcebooks takes precedence over previous publications.

now for a question that I hope someone can answer, which books sup/journeys were released AFTER the rulebook?

thanks in advance!

I think all but:
The old three rulebooks
Shadow and Flame
Siege of Gondor

I think if you look at the online store you can only buy the current ones.

twisted_angel
19-02-2008, 17:09
Ohhhh I think I understand now, basically only use legions to construct the army list (ie allies etc) then use the main rulebook for the stats and points costs unless there is a sourcebook available with an updated profile and points cost.

ie, I want to use aragorn king elessar, so I would construct an army with him using legions as a guide then look at the main rulebook find his profile, then search to see he has an updated profile in the gondor in flames sup so use that one!