Infinite Hatred
Beguile
Master of the Black Arts
Blood Drinker
Flayed Hauberk
Crown of Dammed
Level Three
450pts

Mircea Von Carstein is a seven hundred year old vampire who is moody and brooding. As one of the most martially minded of the Von Carstein’s he has often found at war embroiled in conflict. His keep is located in the southeast of Slyvania and there he rules over a few mist-shrouded villages apathetically.

He wields a blood-drinking sword that he had forged long ago. He cast powerful enchantments on it that bound it to himself, allowing himself to heal his wounds with every life it claims, enhancing his already potent regeneration abilities. He wears an ancient suit of plate armor that wards of all but the most powerful of blows. His cloak writes with the spirts of his vicims that protem him from otherwise mortal wounds.

Jan Von Carstein
Infinite Hatred
Avatar of Death (2 Hand weapons)
Hand of Dust
190pts

Jan Von Carstein is a blunt bloody-minded individual who desires nothing more that a good scrap. Despite his finery he is not a noble and hates the highborn, other vampires included. He has a particularly talented for commanding troops and is skilled at necromantic magic while bloodily plowing into the enemy with his twin blades.

Luc Von Carstein
Dark Acolyte
Lord of the Dead
Book of Arkhan
Cadaverous Cuirass
185pts

Luc Von Carstein is a refined aristocratic vampire who despairs over the crude nature of his brother Jan. whereas his brother delights in commanding armies and butchering men Luc is a cool, calculating necromancer who traps the enemy with carefully designed stratagems.

19 Grave Guard (Goes with Mircea)
Standard Bearer
Musician
War Banner
268pts?

24 Skeletons (Goes with Jan)
Standard Bearer
War Banner
Musician
232pts

19 Skeletons (Go with Luke)
Standard Bearer
Banner of Endless Nightmare
Musician
182pts

20 Zombies
80pts

5 Dire Wolves
40pts

5 Dire Wolves
40pts

5 Black Knights
Standard Bearer
139pts

2 Corpse Carts
Unholy Lodestone
200pts

2004pts

A test list.

Mircea Von Carstein
Infinite Hatred
Beguile
Dark Acolyte
Blood Drinker
Walach’s Bloody Hauberk
Level Three
440pts

Jan Von Carstein
Infinite Hatred
Flayed Hauberk
Cursed Book
190pts

Luc Von Carstein
Dark Acolyte
Lord of the Dead
Book of Arkhan
Cadaverous Cuirass
195pts

19 Grave Guard (Goes with Mircea)
Standard Bearer
Musician
War Banner
268pts?

24 Skeletons (Goes with Jan)
Standard Bearer
War Banner
Musician
232pts

19 Skeletons (Go with Luke)
Standard Bearer
Banner of Endless Nightmare
Musician
182pts

20 Zombies
80pts

5 Dire Wolves
40pts

5 Dire Wolves
40pts

5 Black Knights
Standard Bearer
Musician
147pts?

2 Corpse Carts
Unholy Lodestone
200pts

2004pts

Forcuses with both fighty and casty vamps. Luke raises a skelton unit while Jan kills stuff.

showmydog
20-02-2008, 04:32
i like it, steers away from the bloodknightsofdeath...

Nedar
20-02-2008, 04:42
I like that you have backstories on your vampires, something not many people bother to do or at least post.

Mircea is good, though I can't quite justify Beguile and Infinite Hatred on the same vampire. Exchange one for walking death? Probably Infinite Hatred as this would give more of a Von Carstein feel.

Jan is solid, funny thing is he's like Konrad but costs more and has a magic hand and little armor.

Luc is solid.

The second Mircea is better IMO. Bloody Hauberk, no stupidity for your ward even if its 1/6 worse. Avatar of Death makes no sense though...just buy an Enchanted Shield giving you a 2+ armor save and a 5+ ward with the Blooddrinker in hand. Get him a master power? Or rebuy MotDA instead of Dark Acolyte.

Second Jan is ace. This is a perfect example of a good place to have the new cursed book as I can't think of a single item worth taking over it.

Luc is still solid.

GG are 271, 283 with champion. Why exactly do you have no champions? They can save your vamp from a needless challenge AND can be ressurected to do it again.

Skeletons units are both good, champions again are a good idea. Banner of Endless Nightmares is simply retarded. Same cost as a warbanner and you gota keep 5 ranks of models alive to claim it.

20 zombies? I suppose you want them for a tarpit you can throw PD into if you got no healing to do? I'd prefer to buy ghouls and just create zombies to invest PD in.

Wolves are always good. Black Knights are ******* hillarious with Ethereal Movement, have fun.

You might want to consider a balefire in a CC, as the Loadstone doesn't stack sadly :( If you just want a backup that is fine of course.

Consider a Vargulf to help your knights move even faster and spread terror along a flank. Since 2250 is prob gunna be a standard point value now (GT point limit) you can easily just toss in a Vargulf and a few more fun things (Necro to ride a CC and hide it in a unit :evilgrin:).

All in all I like your style.

Lord_Crull
20-02-2008, 14:22
Thank you, honestly Blood Knights where too expensive for me to justify them in anthing except a large game, but for the second Mircea can't you take only one peice of magic armor? Or is common armor the exception? Because I do not see how you can take Enchanted shield with Bloody Hauberk.

UltimateNagash
20-02-2008, 14:57
You can't take two bits of magic armour. And you might want to try and loose those four points - some people (me included actually) wouldn't play it, especially at tournie level. Maybe in friendlies I wouldn't mind so much, but official things are very strict on such things...

Jack of Blades
20-02-2008, 15:05
To be honest... if it's 2000 points, it's 2000 points, no more.

I must also congratulate you on your fluff-writing abilities. I'm Frostblade over at the Blood Keep and I do hope you write more of it :)

All lists look fine to me.

M_M
20-02-2008, 15:21
do you realise you can only take 1 of each magic item, including common items such as warbanners (only 3 items I know of can be taken in multiples in a list), unless you have a local house rule

Lord_Crull
20-02-2008, 15:24
To be honest... if it's 2000 points, it's 2000 points, no more.

I must also congratulate you on your fluff-writing abilities. I'm Frostblade over at the Blood Keep and I do hope you write more of it :)

All lists look fine to me.

I've updated over at the Blood Kepp if you would care to check.:D

As for the 2000pts. This is mostly a casual list as the people at my club are pretty lenient about those sort of things.

The only thing that I am concered about the second Mircea is that I'm paying 20 points for a shield that I can't use to it's full potential. So do you think I should ditch Avatar of Death and Dark Acolyte and take Master of Black Arts instead?

Jack of Blades
20-02-2008, 16:22
Yeah, I'd do that. Eagerly coming over to check it! :)

Maelx
11-03-2008, 19:55
interesting.