PDA

View Full Version : It's driving me up the wall!!

RavenMorpheus
20-02-2008, 20:20
Ok so I've got a couple of race sims on my PC at the moment, in particular GTR 2 and Race 07 the WTCC, what is bugging me is this - I have to use either the keyboard or a Xbox 360/PS2 joypad.

Neither of those options is particularly good, as the keyboard is rubbish on my laptop and the joypads are both far too sensitive.

So the solution is - get a driving wheel and pedals.

Trouble is I have no idea of what ones to look for so please could someone recommend a driving wheel to me, preferably under 50.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)

Vanus
21-02-2008, 06:51
Not too sure about the offerings in the UK, but I know logitech makes two wheels. The G25 is the pinnacle of modern racing wheels, but coming in at a whopping $300 (something like 150 pounds), a little out of your price range. The other is their "MOMO force feedback wheel" which is 1/3 the price. I don't have any experience with either, but I'm generally pleased with any logitech product I buy.

And, as far as I know for those games, you can adjust the joypad sensitivity to make them less sensitive.

Typheron
21-02-2008, 07:32
http://www.gameseek.co.uk/accessories/PC/Steering-Wheels/

BLAM, although i know not the quality of the web-site.

*edit* a quick search of amazon revealed several different types that could work on both console (PS2 mainly) and PC.
Play.co.uk also has one.

RavenMorpheus
21-02-2008, 21:29
Cool thanks for the suggestions, I've tried adjusting the sensitivity, deadzones etc and the joypads are still on the too sensitive side. I'll have to look at the momo wheel, iirc they go for under 50 here in the UK.