PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angels-Fluff and Info

DarkAzrael169
21-02-2008, 02:52
What is the Sector of Space they control, look after? What are some common Blood Angel names?

Spartan
21-02-2008, 07:59
Ok not to sure about the sector but if you look at this map http://www.joachim-adomeit.de/wh40k/spacemap/map.html Baal is just in between Storm of the Emperors Wrath and the Maelstrom.

As for names here are some Notable Members:

Commander Dante - Chapter Master during the 41st millennium.

Lord Mephiston - Chief Librarian during the 41st millennium. He gained immense power after overcoming the Red Thirst.

Brother-Captain Tycho - Commander of the Blood Angels' Third Company. Half his face was destroyed during the Second War for Armageddon which affected his psyche. He constantly thirsts for revenge against the orks who wounded him. He finally attained peace when he died during his actions in the Third War for Armageddon.

Chaplain Lemartes - known as the "Guardian of the Lost." His stern voice can cut through even the battle frenzy induced by the Black Rage.

Brother Corbulo - mightiest amongst the Sanguinary Priests and Bearer of the Red Grail.

Moriar the Chosen - Once a captain of the Blood Angels, he fell in battle and so great were his deeds he was honoured by being entombed in a Furioso Dreadnought - a walking mechanical sarcophagus bristling with powerful weaponry. However upon entering his new body he experienced the visions of Sanguinius during the Heresy and succumbed to the Black Rage thus becoming the Death Company Dreadnought - an almost unstoppable force in battle.

Brother Rafen - From the books Deus Encarmine and Deus Sanguinius. He saves the Blood Angels Chapter from a bloody civil war, but in doing so is forced to kill his brother Arkio. He is also one of the few Blood Angels to defeat the Gene Curse.

Arkio the Blessed - Featured in the books Deus Encarmine and Deus Sanguinius. He was a pawn of Tzeentch mutated to resemble Sanguinius in order to try and take control of the Blood Angels chapter, but was killed by his genetic brother, Rafen, at the Battle of Sabien.

Captain Leonatos - Hero of the Blood Quest, exiled until the Blade Encarmine is recovered.

Mad Jack Deacon
21-02-2008, 13:29
IIRC, the Blood Angels' homeworld of Baal Secundus is located in the Segmentum Ultima, which places them almost exactly in the middle between (and a little north) of Terra and the Tau Empire.

But aside from the planets from which a marine chapter takes its tithes, no particular chapter controls entire sectors of space, per se. There just aren't enough of them.

Inquisitor S.
21-02-2008, 21:17
Names: http://wh40k.lexicanum.de/wiki/Personen_%28Blood_Angels%29

DarkAzrael169
21-02-2008, 22:09
Thank you so much this has helped me greatly!! However, whats the story behind Brother Rafen and Captain Leonatos?

Baaltharus
21-02-2008, 22:55
NOOO!! Don't mention the Deus books, deny all knowledge of them and their terrible, terrible content. Hell, take off and nuke them from orbit...its the only way to be sure.

pookie
22-02-2008, 10:05
Thank you so much this has helped me greatly!! However, whats the story behind Brother Rafen and Captain Leonatos?

Leonatos - well he and his company fought against a Ork Waaargh, unfortunatly he lost a ancient heirloom known as the 'Blade Encarmine' which held great significance to the bA ( although i dont know why ), his company was being slaughtered and he lost it whilst in Combat with a Ork Warboss, who then took the blade and left the plaent with the Orks.

Leonatos was then sent on a Crusade to retreive the Sword, and was joined by a band of fellow BA Marines and Scouts to go hunt down the Ork Warlord and recapture the Sword.

Spartan
22-02-2008, 10:26
Re Captain Leonatos see this wiki link, has all the info. you should need about him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonatos

As for Brother Rafen, Baaltharus look away and cover your ears.

In the books Deus Sanguinius & Deus Encarmine (which I will not comment on if they are good or not, read and decide for yourself)

SPOILER ALERT
Highlight to see
He was the brother by birth, a sibling to Arkio who claimed to be a reincarnation of Sanguinius, the Blood Angels’ spiritual father, and Arkio laid down the law: follow me or die. Rafen had his doubts, but all who question Arkio’s authority are silenced. Meanwhile, under the treacherous plotting of the sinister Inquisitor Stele who is workign with Choas, who use Arkio and makes him look and act like Sanquinius and tries to get the chapter working for Choas and split it. Rafen does not fall for the plot and fights against eventually killy his brother and showing it all to be a shame

Baaltharus
22-02-2008, 12:06
Leonatos - well he and his company fought against a Ork Waaargh, unfortunatly he lost a ancient heirloom known as the 'Blade Encarmine' which held great significance to the bA ( although i dont know why ), his company was being slaughtered and he lost it whilst in Combat with a Ork Warboss, who then took the blade and left the plaent with the Orks.

Leonatos was then sent on a Crusade to retreive the Sword, and was joined by a band of fellow BA Marines and Scouts to go hunt down the Ork Warlord and recapture the Sword.

Alot wrong with this statement I'm afraid. The blade Encarmine was important because it was from before the Heresy near the founding of the legion (perhaps before). It was gifted to a Blood Angel hero called Belarius by Sanguinuis himself.

Also Leonatus' company was almost wiped out but it wasn't slaughtered. They killed 10 orks for every marine they lost and they did hold long enough for reinforcements to arrive and thus win the battle and save the world and the sector. The sword was taken after Leontas had killed the Ork warboss (but in its death throes it struck him unconscious). The blade remained imbedded in the Ork Warlords chest. The corpse is then taken away by the Orks with blade still in its chest.

The blade is then taken by another Ork Warlord (who is infact a daemon prince using it as a vessel), or so the BAs believe.

pookie
22-02-2008, 12:31
Alot wrong with this statement I'm afraid. The blade Encarmine was important because it was from before the Heresy near the founding of the legion (perhaps before). It was gifted to a Blood Angel hero called Belarius by Sanguinuis himself.

Also Leonatus' company was almost wiped out but it wasn't slaughtered. They killed 10 orks for every marine they lost and they did hold long enough for reinforcements to arrive and thus win the battle and save the world and the sector. The sword was taken after Leontas had killed the Ork warboss (but in its death throes it struck him unconscious). The blade remained imbedded in the Ork Warlords chest. The corpse is then taken away by the Orks with blade still in its chest.

The blade is then taken by another Ork Warlord (who is infact a daemon prince using it as a vessel), or so the BAs believe.

ah so just a few things, but in the main i was right - been a long whilse since i read the Blood Quest Comic, hence why some details are wrong/in accurate.

DarkAzrael169
25-02-2008, 22:34
Thank you so much guys!!! :)