PDA

View Full Version : Storm of Iron handy - Name/color of the Titan?

Bauglir
03-10-2005, 09:29
Dear Warseers,

My best mate has his birthday soon, and I've bought him an epic Titan as a gift (He has a fetish for Titans, and can often be heard yelling "..the most impressive sight in the 40k universe - TITANFALL" when he's drunk).

[possible spoiler warning if you haven't read the book]
And him being a huge fan of Storm of Iron I thought I could paint the little bugger in the same scheme as the one who killed Divis Ra in the book. But I don't own a copy, so I would be grateful if any of you know the color scheme (and possibly name) of the Titan and its driver.

Xhalax
03-10-2005, 21:56
Are you actually referring the Titan named Dies Irae (the main Chaos Titan)?
Bescause I can't find any reference to a Titan named Divis Ra.

The three Titans that do the business are Pax Imperator, Armis Juvat (goes boom) and Honoris Causa (wins out).

Pax and Armis are Reavers and Honoris is a Warlord.

As for the colour scheme....I can't help you on that one. But I shall have another, proper look through Storm of Iron once more and see what I can find.

Bauglir
04-10-2005, 08:07
Thanks, dear Xhalalx! Forever grateful I am!

The Epic Titan is a Warlord, so I'll go for Mr. Honoris Causa then. Oh, how I love pidgin latin :) .

DantesInferno
04-10-2005, 08:17
The Epic Titan is a Warlord, so I'll go for Mr. Honoris Causa then. Oh, how I love pidgin latin :) .

Actually, Honoris Causa is real Latin! Assuming causa is ablative, it means "For the sake of honour". Just in case anyone was wondering.

Str10_hurts
04-10-2005, 08:54
I thought they were red and yellow stipes but i could be wrong...

The pestilent 1
04-10-2005, 09:57
was the Dies arie, not of the Flame falcons? (IE: about the most famous fallen titan legion)

Str10_hurts
04-10-2005, 10:02
Nope, it was the titan legion that cracked the palace gate in the heresy if i remember correctly.

The pestilent 1
04-10-2005, 10:11
The Dies Arie is of Legio Mortis apparently.
though no colour scheme is mentioned as they land :)

Str10_hurts
04-10-2005, 10:40
yeah but the 'good' titans were mentiond having a colour sceme right?

Also the Dies Irae is totaly mutated, so putting a deamonhead on it and giving it a barbed tail would make sense.

Inquisitor Maul
04-10-2005, 19:33
Weren't the loyal titans from Legion Ignatum? Atleast one of the ones that defended the palace during the Siege of Terra.

Xhalax
04-10-2005, 19:56
Yes they are from the Legio Ignatum...or so I'm informed coz I'm too lazy to go upstairs and find my copy.

The pestilent 1
04-10-2005, 22:26
Yup, the loyalists are Legio Ignatum (just checked -page 102; "their armoured hides painted in vivid reds and yellows... huge honour banners hung between their massive legs and enourmous kill banners fluttered from their weapon mounts"

so red, yellow and a few banners.
about it as far as colours and whatnot go im afraid.

Brother Othorio
04-10-2005, 23:05
was the Dies arie, not of the Flame falcons? (IE: about the most famous fallen titan legion)

erm.. the Flame Falcons were a 21st founding space marine chapter not a titan legion.. (admitedly the Storm Lords were a traitor titan legion AND a 2nd founding chapter, but i have never ever heard of a titan legion known as the flame falcons, Fire Masters yes, Flaming Skulls yes, Flame Falcons no)

Legio Ignatum is the more formal name of the Fire Wasps, whose colours were/are red with yellow trims (based on the cover of Codex Titanicus)

Legio Mortis/Deaths Heads were/are black with red trims i believe

Str10_hurts
05-10-2005, 06:25
Well at least i got the collours right...memory serves me still!

Uriel71
05-10-2005, 14:58
Hey...

The Legion was indeed the Legio Ignatum. If you can get hold of a copy of "Titan Legions - Codex Titanicus" you'll find the Legio Ingnatum on p51 of that book. Basically, their colour scheme is red and yellow, with jagged black sawtooth chevrons over the yellow of their top carapace. Their feet are red, lower legs black with a yellow insignia, upper legs red and torsos metallic. The heads are generally black and their weapons a mix of yellows or reds, some with flame patterns over the barrels.

The Princeps of the Honoris Causa was Princeps Daekian, and if you're looking for something to put on any banners, their motto is "Inveniam viam aut faciam" which means, “I will either find a way, or I shall make one”.

Hope that helps...

Uriel71

Bauglir
06-10-2005, 06:39
Hey...

The Legion was indeed the Legio Ignatum. [...] The Princeps of the Honoris Causa was Princeps Daekian, and if you're looking for something to put on any banners, their motto is "Inveniam viam aut faciam" which means, “I will either find a way, or I shall make one”. Hope that helps...
Uriel71

THANKS! Splendid help! You'll have my nomination for best fluff nut at the next Portent elections, that's a promise! :)

Now I just need practice my black chevron-painting skills... :)

Uriel71
06-10-2005, 07:41
Thanks...though to be honest, I have a little bit of insider knowledge on this one :-)

Uriel71

Inquisitor Maul
07-10-2005, 16:09
All that knowledge is writen in Storm of Iron ;)

I recomend that book strongly for anyone :D

Sojourner
07-10-2005, 18:53
While we're on the subject of Titans, how about the legions of:

Imperius Dictatio
Vitas Falco
Magna Invigilata

?

The pestilent 1
07-10-2005, 19:00
erm.. the Flame Falcons were a 21st founding space marine chapter not a titan legion.. (admitedly the Storm Lords were a traitor titan legion AND a 2nd founding chapter, but i have never ever heard of a titan legion known as the flame falcons, Fire Masters yes, Flaming Skulls yes, Flame Falcons no)

Legio Ignatum is the more formal name of the Fire Wasps, whose colours were/are red with yellow trims (based on the cover of Codex Titanicus)

Legio Mortis/Deaths Heads were/are black with red trims i believe

they are arent they... :confused:
who am i thinking of :eyebrows:
it was a triator legion (titan that is) and was instrumental at the battle for the emperors palace, supposedly breaking the walls.

Sojourner
07-10-2005, 19:29
I believe you're thinking of the Flaming Skulls.

The Warp Runners were also present - what's their formal name again?

The pestilent 1
07-10-2005, 20:24
thats the ones, flaming skulls :D