PDA

View Full Version : 2k skaven for tourney

xragg
22-02-2008, 02:47
I really tried to steer clear of magic, but it really is a strong point of skaven. I plan to use the slaves (and globs if needed) as misdirects for flanks. I didnt give all my units banners as those are cheap points to my opponent if things are going rotten, and I plan to alternate the units with banners so that every combat will include a banner anyway. The storm and monks are my counter-assualt units that I expect to cause wounds while being screened as I march them across the field. I havent played a non-clan skaven in a while, and have been running wood elfs in tournaments. Let me know what you think. Still managed 198 models.

Characters 704
335 Grey Seer, Warp Scroll, Warpstone Amulet, Power Stone, Warp Tokenx2
125 Warlock, warpblade, accumulator, Storm Daemon, Warpstone Charm
125 Warlock, warpblade, accumulator, Dispel Scrollx2
119 Chieftain, battle standard, heavy armor, Weeping Blade

Core 818
160 30xClanrats, champion
175 30xClanrats, full command
160 30xClanrats, champion
132 3 of 20xSlaves, musician
60 3 of 2xGlobadiers
131 12xStormvermin, champion, standard (swarm banner)

Special 291
131 12xPlague Monks, ex weapon, champion, standard (warbanner)
160 2 of 4xJezzails

Rare 185
85 5xPlague Censer Bearers
100 Warp Lightning Cannon

fubukii
22-02-2008, 03:40
i would swap out the grey seer for a warlock and make the chieftan a warlord so you get some combat punch. Im not sure about the storm vermin being 12 man with full cmd its a bad idea very low ld easy to panic, = easy vps

IronBrother
22-02-2008, 04:19
i have to say you are presenting too many easy vp for your enemy. the stormvermin and plague monks are far too small. i would drop the wlc and pump up the stormvermin. make the jezzails one unit or drop it all together, one casualty causes a panic test and those units are gone, at least in one unit they have to cause 2 wounds (still not what you want). i know fubukii will go against me on this but I would drop one unit of clanrats, one unit of slaves give the other two clanrats full command, and pump up the stormvermin and plague monks.

radbug
22-02-2008, 14:28
Your engineers should get the upgraded WP accumulator to allow them to use 3 dicees to be able to use them effectlively.

Warpstone amulet on a grey seer is a dangerous thing. 435p to you opponent (depending on scenario rules for the tournament on points for the general). You will on average roll one 1 in six games but if you are anything like me, you will roll a 1 at least every second game.

It seems rather dangerous to make your cheiftain a Bsb and then give him a offensive weapon. Thats potentially 219 point (119+100 for the banner) with T4, 2W and only a 5+ armor save. Skaven BsBs usually take position at the back of units keeping out of trouble. If you want him up fighting, you should perhaps consider giving him a ward save and some other weapon (sword of might and warstone amulet comes to mind unless you keep it on the grey seer)

/R

xragg
25-02-2008, 05:05
After reading your replies and talking with my roommate, I have finalized my list (unless playtesting in the next week goes horrible).

320 Grey Seer, Warp Scroll, Tenebrous Cloak, Power Stone
125 Warlock, warpblade, accumulator, Storm Daemon, Warpstone Charm
125 Warlock, warpblade, accumulator, Dispel Scrollx2
124 Plague Priest, ex weapon, Bands of Power, Warpstone Amulet

175 30xClanrats, full command
60 Ratling Gun
170 29xClanrats, full command
60 Ratling Gun
44 20xSlaves, musician
44 20xSlaves, musician
40 4xGlobadiers

187 19xPlague Monks, ex weapon, champion, standard (warbanner)
190 20xPlague Monks, ex weapon, champion, standard (swarm banner)
80 4xJezzails
80 4xJezzails

85 5xPlague Censer Bearers
100 Warp Lightning Cannon

I keep my Jezzails in 2 units so that when they break, I dont lose all 8. It really works out to be the same except when I have them in 2 units, my opponent has to fire at them from 2 different sources to break all 8. It also allows me to split fire if I want.

I really want to keep the Cannon in since it is a new model for me, and it is a nice looking figure on the table.

I dont give my warlocks condensors cause I never use 3 dice to cast with them. The only way warlocks can use 3 dice is if they use one of the 2 free power dice you get each turn. My grey seer always uses those dice, so I see no need putting those points in the warlocks. If I end up dropping the Bands of Power though, I will give one of the warlocks a condensor.

I am willing to switch one of the Plague Monk units into Stormvermin, but a couple playtests will determine for sure which way I go on that one.

I know the weapon teams got nerfed in 7th, but to date, I really dont lose them much. I typically surround my weapon teams with skirmishers or screened behind my units until they are ready to fire. I usually have them guard my flanks, shotting any unit that outmanuvers around my army. They are really only every threatened by units shotting from hills, but that is a risk I am willing to take. And honestly, most people dont realize or forget that they can target the weapon teams OR they dont realize the damage they can do until its too late for them.

The plague priest if my favorite CC hero. I usually field him with a flail and no magic items. This is a different set up for him. I am thinking the Bands of Power is one more thing my opponent has to dispel each turn. I am still thinking of going back to the flail for the assured S6 attack, playtesting will tell.