PDA

View Full Version : Runic great weapon VS Morning star of Fracasse

juample
22-02-2008, 11:08
Hi guys! short and direct one.

If the Morning star of Fracasse destroys a Runic great weapon, has the owner to fight with hand weapon, or can himfight with the great weapon but without runic magic effects.

theunwantedbeing
22-02-2008, 12:04
The weapon is "destroyed" as in blowed-all-to-itty-bitty-pieces.
Rather than simply nullified.

So he fights with a hand weapon, as his runic great weapon is gone.
If it was merely nullified by say....a high elf null stone then the dwarf would still be able to use it as a great weapon.

Malorian
22-02-2008, 15:00
It was my understanding that you couldn't destroy runic weapons as there are not 'magic weapons' but rather mundane weapons with runes on them...

Although I would be glad to be corrected ; )

Leogun_91
22-02-2008, 15:53
It was my understanding that you couldn't destroy runic weapons as there are not 'magic weapons' but rather mundane weapons with runes on them...

Although I would be glad to be corrected ; )

They are magic weapons only more customizeable.
If the weapon was a runic greatweapon he can not fight with a greatweapon but if he had a runic handweapon as well as a mundane great weapon he can use the great weap.

Malorian
22-02-2008, 16:05
Can these runic weapons harm etheral models?

Leogun_91
22-02-2008, 16:17
Can these runic weapons harm etheral models?
Absolutely as can runic warmachines. Otherwise all etheral units would be immortal when facing dwarfs and one banshee would have the power to destroy a hold.

Malorian
22-02-2008, 16:30
Well there is always beating them through CR...

juample
22-02-2008, 16:36
Thanx All for the help:D . Lets the tread dies.:angel:

23-02-2008, 01:11
If you make the argument thst runic weapon can't be destroyed cause it don't say maguc then they can't kill eatheral cause its not magic :D (playing devils advocate)

but yeah destroyed is destroyed.

Leogun_91
23-02-2008, 08:37
Well there is always beating them through CR...

Impossible if the high movement Banshee donīt want to fight.

WLBjork
23-02-2008, 09:32
Impossible if the high movement Banshee donīt want to fight.

Not necessarily.

The Banshee can still be caught by an overrun or pursuit move, or - more easily - by a Gyrocopter.

Not that banshees are that good against Dwarfs mind...

Leogun_91
23-02-2008, 13:47
Not that banshees are that good against Dwarfs mind...

The ones I have played against are ALWAYS extremely lucky in a bad turn they only kill 2 dwarfs and getting unwounded by their screams is impossible (really it should be easy but I think it only have happened me once).