PDA

View Full Version : Skull Pass: Gablins win them all?

Conotor
23-02-2008, 03:53
My friend got skull pass, but the gobblins are now 3-0. Has anyone elce noticed that the dwarven units kinda get surrounded by 2 units of fast cav, and 4 ranked units with only miniscule fighting lines and a few guns?

LKHERO
23-02-2008, 03:58
Shoot the Spider Riders.

winkypinky
23-02-2008, 04:32
Shoot the Spider Riders.

My hero <3

I have only played 4 games of BfSP with a mate but we found it rather balanced since the goblins have horrible Ld and the dwarfes actually have some nice shooting. If you scale it up to 2k it would be 30 thunderers and 3 warmachines.. which in fact is not bad at all....

Conotor
23-02-2008, 12:28
(Doble posted and can't deleat.)

Conotor
23-02-2008, 12:30
Shoot the Spider Riders.

You only have 1 shooting unit, so thats at least 2 turns. Then 80 gobblins are ready to trample your thunderers.

And thats if they don't screen the riders with terrain, staying out of sight, exe

If you scale it up to 2k it would be 30 thunderers and 3 warmachines.. which in fact is not bad at all....

The shooting is ok, but the cannon isn't relay effective due to the make up of the goblin army.

nurgle_boy
23-02-2008, 15:27
so wait... You are taking an extremely tactical approach to a boxed set designed for those just starting out?
:rolleyes:

Dwarfs should be able to win by playing the sit back and shoot, whilst not letting units get hit where you don't want them (which is hard with low movement, but possible). That, and try to keep the thunderers out of combat...

PeG
23-02-2008, 17:30
Sit still and shoot the goblins in the order that they are likely to reach you ie first spider riders, then spearmen. One turn of focused fire (thunderers and cannon) is usually enough to get them running. Either you succeed with this against the majority of goblin units and then the dwarfs win or you fail and goblins win.
In our experience it is rather balanced. I have seen dwarfs win without the loss of a single model and I have also seen the cannon blow up in the first turn and all dwarf units breaking to CR without managing a single Ld test.

Heretic Burner
23-02-2008, 18:21
In my experience the dwarfs usually win. Once the spider riders are eliminated it goblins tend to fall apart. Aside from a rare early cannon mishap, the BfSP dwarfs probably take at least 75% of the games in the local environment.

Dragon Prince of Caledor
23-02-2008, 21:50
Take the cannon to the troll and shoot the spiders. Then form up into one long line sort of thing. The miners will rake inthe kills and the others can provide static res with a 3+as and banner and a rank or so. I have won and lost with dwarfs in bfsp. By killing a spider rider unit with some good shooting you can get the other units to panic=death to gobbos because of their leadership. Have fun! :)

Dragon Prince of Caledor
23-02-2008, 21:52
Cannon the troll and shoot the spiders. Get the units to panic. Set up so you dont get flanked. Good luck!:)

W0lf
23-02-2008, 22:02
As others have said.

Panic riders, cannon the troll.

Then its pretty simple..

Id say its ratehr balanced but the game is won or lost by what the dwarf player does/doesnt do

twisted_angel
24-02-2008, 13:45
I was dwarves took on the 2 spearmen gobbo blocks with the general with my warriors and thane and won combat res and caught them on the pursuit, thats alot of dead gobbos!

Dranthar
25-02-2008, 00:45
Hmm. Well the spider riders are the first priority for the thunderers, although out of interest, what would happen if you throw the (butt-ugly) slayer in the way of the spider riders before they get to hit your thunderers?

The cannon can probably afford to ignore the stupid troll for a few turns. If you position it right you may even be able to let off a grape shot into one of the advancing goblin units.

The dwarf warriors should be able to take on the spear goblins...so long as they don't get hit in the flank.

The bow goblins are a minor threat to the lone slayer, but that's about it IMO.

On the whole, I'd say it's pretty even - it really comes down to whether the dwarf player can prevent the goblins from hitting their flanks.

Highborn
25-02-2008, 02:33
I may be wrong, but I only remember one unit of 10 spiders in Skull Pass .... as has been noted, splitting this into two units is legal, but makes life difficult for the dwarf player.

knightime98
25-02-2008, 06:28
How does the multiple wounds work against the regenerating troll in 7th edition.
Say the cannon hits and it gets 3 wounds.. Spell it out how the regeneration works... Thanks..

shaso_iceborn
25-02-2008, 06:57
The "Gab"lins would probally talk thier way out of the fight. Seriously though focus on the riders then hit the middle squad of goblins (if within 6 inches of others) with the cannon and if lucky goblins run away first turn of shooting.