PDA

View Full Version : 2250pts High Elves, a Change from the Norm

tanka
23-02-2008, 12:29
I've been looking for an army to do once my orcs and goblins are completed, my orcs are very combat-orientated with little shooting and no magic. So with the high elves I wanted to do a nice balanced army, a bit of magic, a bit of shooting, 2/3 infrantry units, 2/3 chariots and some decent cavalry. This is what I've come up with so far.

Archmage, Level 4, Jewel of the Dusk, 3 Dispel Scrolls=335pts
The general of the army, gives out 7PD and 4DD while carrying enough scrolls to shut down those must stop spells.

Noble, BSB, Armour of Caledor, Guardian Phoenix, GW=166pts
2+/5+ save should help keep him alive, while he can dish out a bit of damage with 3 S6 attacks.

15 Spearelves, Standard, Musician=150pts
Decent unit, can take on the chaff units, but can't really stand upto the enemy's heavy hitters.

15 Spearelves, Standard, Musician=150pts
Read above.

10 Archers=110pts
Fire support, mainly used to whittle support units down, and house the archmage.

10 Archers=110pts
More fire support and archmage bullet shields.

Tiranoc Chariot=85pts
What's not to love? 18" charge range, and all for 85pts

Tiranoc Chariot=85pts
Read above

Tiranoc Chariot=85pts
Read above

17 White Lions, Full Command, Lion Standard=310pts
The BSB joins them so they go 3x6. Form the centre of the line, with the 2 spearmen units on either flank.

6 Dragon Princes=180pts
Movement 16" heavy cavalry that deal 2 S5 attacks and have a 2+ save, yes please.

6 Dragon Princes=180pts
Movement 16" heavy cavalry that deal 2 S5 attacks and have a 2+ save, yes please.

Repeater Bolt Thrower=100pts
Has it's uses, 100pts is a lot though, why there's only 2.

Repeater Bolt Thrower=100pts
See above.

Great Eagle=50pts
Best unit in the book without a doubt.

Great Eagle=50pts
Best unit in the book without a doubt.

Total=2246pts

That's about it, nothing in the army is that powerful, and I'll have to combine charges to take out mainline units, I tried to keep it balanced, but after doing orcs, the lure of lots of good cavalry was too much, so I had to take the 2nd dragon prince unit. Not too mcuh shooting, but enough to take out support units and help thin away ranks in main units.

Anything can be changed in the list, so give any opinions you like.
Cheers